1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** WIN 209 PRIMERS ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jamie65, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie65

jamie65 Member

What are you fellow reloaders around the country paying for win 209 primers / 1000 ?

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

$33.00/1000 but I'm only allowed 2000 at purchase. The Winchester BS started back a few years ago and for the most part I've been reloading Cheddites and Fiocchis. Have encountered ZERO problems with them. Price, there is no comparison. If things get back in line I'll be willing to pay a few extra bucks for them.

3. lboh

lboh Member

Last order 4 weeks ago was $28.40 / 1000 with a 5k limit, before hazmat and shipping which was spread across the primers and powder order.

Hyatt's in NC has them on the shelves, but at $59 /1000 + tax, he can keep them

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

32.95 + 8% for A@#hole Cuomo per 1000.

5. David McMillen

David McMillen Banned User Banned

$28.50, which included tax.

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I paid 4.00 less per 1000 3 months ago.

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Here in Southeastern Pa., I can not get Win 209 primers. In the last two months I had to settle for Fed 209A.

Anyone know why Winchester Primers are in short (or not available) supply?

No problem using Fed 209A, I just prefer Winchester's.

Frank

8. cafowler

cafowler Member

Saw Win 209's for $49.99/1000 last weekend in Reno, couldn't believe my eyes. Saw Fiocchi's for #130/5000 also at a gun club, which is about same they were going for a year or so ago. They had lots at that price, no shortage of Fiocchi primers it seems. Another large store in Reno, had a "no primer or powder available" sign, which appeared to have been up for quite a while.

9. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

We get them at our club for $33.50 / 1000 which includes all taxes and fees. We were paying $30 / 1000 until the last shipment arrived so our price went up $3.50 / 1000 in the last month.
    Art

10. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

XP100

32.95 + 8% for A@#hole Cuomo per 1000.

Here in Michigan, I'm paying 31.00 + 6% for A@#hole Snyder per 1000

Chuck

11. jamie65

jamie65 Member

thanks for the comments guys , it looks like here in mn. we cover the whole range.

12. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Scheels had a cabinet full of them for $49.95 and at that price I expect they will have them for quite a while.

13. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

160.00 for 5000 was my last price quote last week also heard a rummer Chedite is going to sell their production for Estate shells I could see this happening one customer is a lot easier to deal with for sure. I just ordered 25,000 as a buffer in case it is true.

14. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I just paid $38.00 for 1k CCI last box on the shelf S.E. Pa.

15. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

I made a trip to the supplier of targets, shells, and components for a lot of small clubs and the 4 College trap teams inside 50 miles or so of his warehouse. He also is secretary of the club and runs the ATA shoots for the club. I had him hold back some primers and powder for me and picked the items up after the shoot. This was a 500 mile one way trip ans I had mentioned that I might be able to pick up some components for others during the trip. So I brought back several 5K sleves of Federals and Winchesters and a few Cheddites as well. I didn't charge the guys for either freight or any markup at all so I didn't make a nickle on the deal and maybe even lost a few bucks hauling the extra weight and fuel costs. I deliver the goods and the ungrateful s.o.b.'s ( one or two )complain at the prices. I just looked at a couple of on-line suppliers a while ago and I undercut their on-line price by more than $20 / 5K before hazmat or freight adds, AND the on-lines were "out of stock" to boot. I know now who NOT to pick up things for.

Just in case someone does a good deed and you are one of those who chisel and whine at the prices keep it in mind that next time you will NOT be asked if you need something.

Maybe the old saying that " No good deed goes unpunished. " really does mean what it says.

Don T. Littleton CO

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Don, if you ever want to run some goods by my house I won't complain. Will even treat you to a steak. I know, mileage is the killer.lol

17. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

$28.95 ($144.75) at Beikirchs back in April. No limit. They also had 700x in stock ($110)

18. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

HeH. Pheasantmaster.

One would think that in a major metro area SOMEONE would have components. I've looked everywhere I could think of, looked where others suggested, tried our club's regular supplier and nope. Nothing. I go out to the middle of the sparsely populated farm country and the man has enough that I can bring things back for folks. At a reasonable price. This major metro area is at the crossing of 2 interstate highways, one East/West and the other North/South, cocaine marijuana and heroin are available on every streetcorner but reloading components are scarce as hen's teeth and high priced too.

Most of the guys that I brought things to were like you, glad to get things and appreciative of the offer to pick up if available. It is the one or two "prima donna's" as in another thread that make for unpleasant dealings. I actually felt like just telling them all to forget it, I would keep the things, and I did say that to one guy after the first complainer. He hesitated one more second and I would have loaded them back up in the truck.

This isn't April. This is May. Gamaliel has Win 209's at $33.00/1K and Rem for $44/1K plus a hazmat multiplier and they are OUT OF STOCK. Graf & Sons has them ( Win 209 ) for $141/5K and $27.50 Hazmat and are.....OUT OF STOCK. 700X ? Forget it. Out of Stock.

June is coming. Will things ease up? I don't know. Some say yes. Some say no. My ---guess--- is that things will get better but can we, as shooters, keep our game in top form when we are worried about availability of both new ammo and the components to make our own? I struggle sometimes with the number of practice targets I shoot a week. I hope I have enough to keep the pace up and to continue winning but it is hard.

Don T, Littleton CO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.