1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 1400 any good?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Em, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Saw a couple almost new guns; might not be bad to knowck around the woods with.

Anyone know anything about these autos?

They do have alum receivers

fixed choke isnt bad. $239 I think

good deal or low cost problem child?

thanks

2. mike b.

mike b. Member

At 200 rounds per year....will probably last a lifetime...I put about 40k rounds through its pump cousin (1200) before I needed a $20 part ........imho

3. mike b.

mike b. Member

Info from earlier posters....

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

might be better than any current auto out there at or near that price. As said I got the pump 1200.........been used and abused out in the woods, still manages to take things down.

5. mike b.

mike b. Member

Try it this way :
    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-37748.html

6. dbart1948

dbart1948 Member

Bruce EM - I have a Winchester Model 1400 MK II. I purchased it in 1973 as a field gun. Since that time, I have dropped it in the marsh while hunting ducks, it's been in the snow and in the rain, and in very cold weather.

While the Model 1400 may have a bad rap from some shooters, my Model 1400 has never malfunctioned. It is a soft shooter, and with the "Winchokes", a very versatile shotgun. This shotgun is out of production at this time, so parts may become an issue. However, with the number of these shotguns produced, I'm sure that someone will have parts for it if you need them.

I have also shot trap and sporting clays with this gun. It is a very soft shooter.

Good luck to you!

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.