1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 1300 junior trigger too hard for trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CLP101, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

I took my 11 year old dauhter to the club's Sunday shoot with her 1300 junior 20ga. The trigger is so hard to pull that she is pulling feet off of the target. I took the trigger group out and noticed that the sear has a hook shape on it and the spring has little effect on trigger pull. If I polish some of the hook away will it still be safe? The only other way to affect pull is the jammet spring. Should I try to fix it or get rid of it? She didn't hit any targets. She had used a Rem 1187 junior and broke several, but I can't afford one of those right now.

2. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

Anyone have experience with these? She shoots it well at stationary targets. I've read alot of comments that this is common.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Modifying trigger pull can be somewhat tricky on some models of shotguns. Your best bet under the circumstances may be to find a good smith that knows HOW to adjust trigger pull. Ask around to find a good one too as there are few that know how to accomplish the task. It's not rocket science but experience that counts. I hope you do get it fixed before your daughter loses interest!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.