1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win. 12 Ga. Hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by todd farris, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

Old style or new, dark gray or red?

todd farris

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

You are in Pa. I will have a deal for you tonight or tomorrow, I have a trash bag that is too heavy to lift....shipping from MAss to Pa should not be too bad.

-Mostly AA Grays, some once fired, some once reloaded, but will be priced accordingly, once I take inventory....interested?? _Frank C

3. powder-em

powder-em Member

pahunter1 I have all the hulls you want. Once fired, never on the ground, all red hulls.
    Shipped to you 55.00 per thousand. Let me know, Thanks Dave

4. incognito

incognito TS Member

Places where I shoot in the midwest are littered with these all over the ground and in the trash that you could pick up for free. I thought most shooters knew by now that they are unsafe to reload.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've loaded WAA hulls for over 30 years and still do. Every type they've ever made in 12ga. And I've never had a problem. WAA's unsafe, whoever said that is full of crap!!!!!

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

PA Hunter,

Where are you in PA. I've got a lot of them and I shoot in eastern PA a lot. Maybe we could meet at a shoot and you could save on shipping.

Ed Yanchok

7. TBAR

TBAR TS Member

I have 2900 once fired AA's and the price is 2.5 cents plus s&h. I live in Ill. at 61856 zip. Mike W.

8. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

I would sell them for $50/thousand shipped to you.

You can email at todd@napatexas.com

thanks
    todd

9. powder-em

powder-em Member

I will sell them for 49.95 per thousand shipped to you!!! Email me. Here we go. All good Dave

10. incognito

incognito TS Member

pahunter,

Yes, AAs are known to come apart inside your barrel. Do a search and you'll find plenty of threads about them. No one I know uses them, nor will anyone I know knowingly shoot next to someone who is shooting AA reloads. Too many barrels have blown up from the base wads coming out of them. There are pictures on the web, and some have been posted here. Load Remingtons or Federals and save the hospital bills.

11. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Are we talking about the one piece AA's [ compression formed] or the new three piece AA's??

12. incognito

incognito TS Member

Good luck finding any of the old style. They will bring 10 cents a piece. The ones they are trying to sell you are the two-piece ones that come apart.

13. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

I have about a thousand of the old style once fired, I believe. If not, I know I have at least 500 once fired and another 500-750 2-3 times fired. Lemme know

todd

14. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

The old style ones could get maybe 8 to 10 loads out of em. You had to look em over carefully but then that is a thing with loading anyway. The newer type shells they do ok but not as many reload times out of them. Looks like 3 to 5 if possible. The body of the new ones are a little heavier in thickness and the crimp has to be watched a little more than ususal. They load and shoot fine. They are rolled now and have a side seam and if you don't keep an eye on this they do have a tendancy to get week and will split at the seam but no major damage. As long as the brass is intact they are fine. I have shot these when they have split and things have gone ok. Of course it got tossed after that.

Most of the ones I see on the ground at the lines are the Estate hulls.
    Those you are lucky to get 3 loads out of em. Mostly not worth the time when you can get the Reminton STS's and get 8 to 9 loads out of em. Same for the Nitros and the Golds. If anyone has had this kind of problem with the new AA's let us know about it, Thanks!! Rich. (inPeoria,Az.)

15. incognito

incognito TS Member

Here's a thread. There are plenty more. This is nothing new. It's been going on for several years. It's why no one wants the new style AA hulls.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The previous thread by Incognito references a previous thread w/ problems w/ the AA hulls, but there are various comments about sloppy reloading combinations, and questinable abilities of many people having problems. Has anyone on this thread actually seen it? (wad separation, barrel damage)

I assume Winchester would have no liabilty, as we reloaders are using one of their components which is not advertised as "reloadable" to the public market? Or is it? Winchester sells wads, primers, and powder to the public too. I find it odd that there were not be a recall if there was a threat of bodily harm, and possible lawsuits.

17. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Incognito, you are so full of crap that your eyes are brown. I have been loading HSAA hulls for 5 years with out any interior wad coming loose or out. The only things is they have a tendency to crumple and split. I will take everyone you will send me. FD

18. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Keybear: Looks like you will have to quit shooting with me and be sure and tell George, Dick and Dave! I load those terrible new style AAs and I would not want to jeopardize your safety! Maybe you suspected this the way you shot the first 25 Sunday!? Incognito just ruined my shooting with you guys! Tom Rhoads

19. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I ran some tests with the new dark greys, reloading them 16 times before I started getting some crimp failure. I did the test 25 times and got the same results every time, with never a basewad failure.

Ed Yanchok

20. GRR

GRR TS Member

I have approximately 4000 dark grey AA hulls that have been reloaded 8 times. After the second reload I experienced cracking from the brass up 1/2-2" in 2 or 3 shells per 300 rounds. After 5 reloaded the amount increased to 5 or 6 per 300 rounds. After 8 reloaded it's about 6 or 7%, this is to many.
    Now the big problem starts, the tube seperates from the brass and lodges in the barrel. I shoot a DT-10 and check the barrel every shot and you will be suprised what you find. Pieces of the base wad laying in the barrel, not a safe condition. I know of one person who bulged his barrel because of this situation.
    I reload 16.4 gr of 700X winchester 209 primers and AA12 wads. I got rid of all Win.AA dark grey hulls and replaced them with Rem. STS and Nitro 27's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.