1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win. 101

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was looking thru the Winchester catalog. Has anyone bought and used the model 101, trap or clays. Whats your opinion?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good reliable guns. Kind of the high end of the lower end guns. Has a reputation of being a heavy recoil gun. I didn't experience that with the one i shot. My opinion anyway. Just Say'n...............

Matt

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I never and don't notice recoil. Its all in the angle of the butt of the stock.
    However a lot of people are recoil sensitive.

4. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

I have three 101 Diamond Grade Trap , good guns and as for the recoil "I say it's all in there heads" The field grade might be differant on recoil becaus the stocks have more pitch to them. Parts are plentiful

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Years ago I shot a 101 from Miroku. I thought it was an excellent gun and I didn't notice uncomfortable recoil. (Of course, I was forty years younger then, too!) I now own a Winchester Select Energy Trap made in Leige, Belgium and I think that it is also an excellent gun for the money and don't notice any more recoil on it than I do on my Browning XT. Martinpicker

6. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I had one a pigeon grade, it was 32" full top barrel and Improved Mod bottom. Lost it to the pawn shop after a car accident. Anyway kick never bothered me so I can't say it wouldn't bother you, but I wish I had it back. Mine fit me perfectly that's why I shot it so good. It was Monte Carlo stocked with beautiful wood and curved recoil pad. I would highly recommend the 101.

Harry Lyga

7. zzoom

zzoom Member

Bought a new one 2 years ago, shot it very well, in fact shot first 25's with it. Recoil was not an issue. Then made the cardinal sin, decided i wanted a beretta, have not shot it as well as the 101. May go back to 101 this spring...

8. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I owned a 101 Select Trap for close to a year. It's a very good gun for the money. The select really isn't a 101 like the older Japanese models; it's a completely new design and the action is totally different. I like the slim receiver and the Browning Invector Plus barrel system.

The only problems I had were that I couldn't find anyone to make release triggers so I had to make my own (a real task). Also, the Monte Carlo stock was a bad fit for me. I had to have an adjustable comb installed and keep it limited to the right.

Over all it seems to be a very good shotgun for the price but if you can go the extra bucks I'd recommend the Browning XT. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.