1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WIN 101 second barrel fires late?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Decided to shoot some sporting clays yesterday. Used by Win 101 12 ga, twice druing the round the second shot was either late or I had to pull the trigger twice. It was a round of 100 targets any one have any thoguhts? End result was two more missed targets

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Clean, light lube, and check the springs

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Because the trigger assy is very similar to the Browning Citori, be sure you are releasing the trigger completely before pulling it on the second shot. The triggers on both guns MUST go completely forward to allow the inertia system to drop beneath the second sear.

Doug

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thoughts guys I started a complete cleaning last night.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bruce, listen to GunDR. as he is telling you the answer.

6. waynewash

waynewash Member

Bruce, I've recently had the same problem, dropped the gun off with a local gunsmith last week, he felt that a clean and lube would do it, im not sure about the earlier comment on resetting the triggers between shots, but I will be aware of that advise next time I shoot it. My other gun is a Guerini and it has never had a delayed ignition.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's only ''delayed ignition'' (not really an accurate definition of this problem) if there is something dirty or broke. Cleaning and lubing might help some but I agree that your probably not getting the second shot set. If it always goes off after pulling the trigger a second time, it's probably you. But still clean and lube trigger. Can't hurt.

8. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

If the GunDr's advice doesn't fix it the second trigger being late may indicate that it is pregnant

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The last 101 I owned wasn't slow on the second shot, it usually fired with the first. Went back to the factory three times and it still had the problem. The only thing they did was stop it happening every time ...moved it to every third or fourth time it fired. And if you don't think that will kick the snot out of you, you're dreaming. Traded it off for a Browning.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.