1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 101 Diamond Unsingle Value

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by RunGunIPSC, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Anyone tell me the value of a Win 101 Diamond Unsingle only in mint condition,has factory chokes,case. Friend wants to sell me one,don't want to hurt either of us. Tried one at the Grand many yrs ago. Not too bad.

2. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

0   0   0

I've owned a few and still have one. In mint condition I would put value at about $1750.00.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

the beast is right on however I feel A 34 IS worth more than a 32 slightly

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

950-1000 if it is a 34inch

850-900 if it is a 32 inch

if it is the combo you can add $450-500

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Blue Book value and what they bring on GB shoots down Gene's appraisal. I think he is quoting what he would like to buy one for?? I have seen the unsingle bring upwards of $1700 if in mint condition. The unsingle with tubes is very hard to find in good condition

6. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Actually I wouldnt buy one- although if I were to buy one- those later models are the only 101s I would consider.

Kick hard- dont hold up to volumne shooting- etc

I have even seen one in a retail setting at the top end of the prices I quoted- and that was retail asking price

Gene

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

This one is a 32". I had thought about $1600 also. I kind of agree with GN7777777. It is a 101 & they are not for 10,000s of thousands of rounds. I can't comment on the recoil,don't remember that part. It did not seem to do as well as a Grand Italia or maybe 682 unsingle. No way compared to an LTX hi-rib. Then I only worked a couple or rounds thru it. It would just be a fun thing.

8. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

0   0   0

A buddy of mine now deceased regretfully, shot one quite successfully and did not use "hot" loads. His mono-block and barrel did start to separate and the joint had to be repaired. Not cheap. Something to look at before buying I would think.

9. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Well thousands of rounds- may not be much

Some shooters shoot 50,000 in a year - its not uncommon to shoot 10,000 a year

It depends on your expectaion of what a gun can handle and what you expect when you invest in a gun

The consumer makes a comparative value choice-

I am not saying its a "bad" gun- just attaching a value to it per my experience with the market and my experience with 101s in general

Gene

10. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

0   0   0

I shoot 2 101's A pigeon grade 30" and a diamond grade 34/32 combo
    The pigeon grade was rebuilt a couple years ago. The locking lug need built up and refit to the barrel. This repair didn't cost me much. The hinge pins on these guns almost never were out. The combo is still very tight. A very good gun in my opinion. Well made and will hold up to your thousands of rnds per yr. You will need to have extra firing pins with you, they do break after a while. Good thing is that the 101's won't need V-style hammer springs like SKB'S or Perazzi's I bought my Diamond combo last year for $1900 w/CT & original case. I thought is was a steal at that price and could not pass it up!

11. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

Prices usually go from 1000 to 1700 depending on condition. Above is a photo of my dad's 32 inch unsingle.

Actually with this gun I like the 32 inch model better.

Dale

12. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have to disagree with Gene on his appraisal as well. Of course, the price between seller and buyer is always negotionable. I shot Diamond Grades for many years before moving on to a Krieghoff K-80 Blued Super Scroll. I had (2) DG top-singles, both 34" guns and (2) DG over-unders, one was a 30" gun with both barrels choked and one was a 32" gun with both barrels choked. Those were rarer models, because "typical" DG came with the top barrel "fixed" full.

I always hear that when talking about Winchesters, the first thing most people state is "that they kick like a mule". Well I never ran into that problem. I shot them quite a bit and they never bothered me. Maybe they were fit better to me than some people have their guns fitted to them. I bought all my guns about 15 years ago or so (can't remember for sure), but Winchester was "closing out and selling off all of their guns" thru Jaqua's and Guns Unlimited and I bought them then and the wood on mine were all really nice. I regret selling my 30" over-under, because it had the most beautiful piece of wood I have ever seen on a Winchester, that didn't come out of a custom shop. If that piece of wood had been ordered from Perazzi or Krieghoff, it would easily be a $2500 or more. I sold my top-singles for $1500 and $1650 to a couple of friends, still made a little over what I bought them for, but I also had them re-finished with a high-gloss polyurethane finish, because I didn't like the stain/finish that Winchester mixed together when putting out their guns. I sold the over-unders for $1750 for both of them. Like I said, I really wish I still had my 30" gun back, at least just as a gun to let friends shoot instead of them using my Krieghoff. I'm kind of picky about that gun, but I still let people try it just so they can see how nice of a gun they (Krieghoff) make.

I recently bought a DG combo (ATA "Hall of Fame") engraved gun, blued receiver with the Hall of Fame engraved on one side and the ATA logo on the other in a dark blue receiver. I had never heard of this gun when shooting my DG's years ago and found out they were a really "limited edition" run of probably around 200 units. I don't have one of the select 50 guns that were made for each state with gold wire line and state name, but still the serial number is 113. It is a top-single (34" with choke tubes) and a 30" over-under with totally separated barrels like my Krieghoff. This is different than the other DG's I had, they had ventilated ribs, but I like the separated barrels that were like the "Live Bird" gun which I also always liked, but they came in shorter barrels than I like. My o/u barrels are choked on the bottom and top is "fixed" Full. I just bought it for friends to shoot. I had Ken Rucker fix the LOP and adjustable butt for me so I could play with it as well, but I can't make myself shoot it much, because my Kreighoff keeps calling me back.

Just wanted to give my take on Winchester Diamond Grades from someone who shot one (or a few of them) for many years. Many rounds thru them and they held up well. They did start "shooting a little loose", but then again, like someone said above, these guns didn't seem to be made to take the amount of rounds some trapshooters might put thru them, but I definitely put my faid-share thru them and they held up fine. Kind of miss those nice guns.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

13. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

0   0   0

I have to echo Mike H's comment - I shoot very high volume trap through my unsingle (Like 4-500 rounds/week all year), and it has held up extraordinarily well fo more than 10 years. I have replaced the hammer springs, as they took a bit of a set. Kick is no worse (or better) than the BT99/100's I have shot. Owning 5, you can clearly see I love them - they are backup guns.

BTW - When I pass, the market will be flooded:)

14. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

0   0   0

I shoot a 101 Field and have no complaints. As far as durability goes I havn't had any trouble. My dad purchased the gun in '71 when it was a year old from his cousin. It was fed a steady diet of 3" magnums, at least 500 rds a year duck and goose hunting for 15 years. Now I've been shooting trap with it for a year now about another 2000 rds. plus hunting with it over the last few years. Another 1000 rds. of heavy loads. Never replaced anything. Just keep it clean. It does seem to have a little more recoil than other doubles I've shot but I just replaced the pad with a Limbsaver and don't notice it now.

If it will make you happy buy it. They are one of the most beautiful guns ever made. It's worth what you will spend on it. But at 1500-1600 it's a bargain compared to anything else out there. A new plain Barreta is that much, so are the brownings. Worst thing that will happen. You don't like it and sell it to someone else for about what you paid.

15. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Recoil to much? There's a Diamond grade .410 27" sk & sk, 2.5" chambers, with a Soft-Touch stock for sale out here for $1750. Mint condition.

16. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I will say that at the end when they were making these they did improve stock design and the barrels--

They really decided to pay attention to the shooter- like everyone else was already doing

Gene

17. brownk80

brownk80 Member

0   0   0

If I shot a 101, and if it kicked the hell out out of me, and if every time I shot it I subtracted $1.00, how much would you owe me if I decided to sell it?

Just asking.

Brownk80

18. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

0   0   0

I think alot of the recoil complaints are due to the crappy recoil pad they came with. Mine was never soft, even when new. I put the Limbsaver pad on and can shoot Mags all day with no complaint. Recoil is the result of the shell, and the guns weight. So if your Winchester and Barreta weigh the same shooting the same load they will kick the exact same. There will be a small variation in "FELT RECOIL" due to different angles on the stock, and where the bore lies in relation to your shoulder. But these differences will be barely noticable. If you want to shoot something that hurts try my LeFevre Nitro Special SXS with no recoil pad. It won't hurt your shoulder, but your cheek may be bruised.

Buy it and enjoy.

19. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all who replied on this. Some very interesting thoughts there. I will go ahead & buy this thing & if I lose a 100 or 200,that is no money at all compared to all that I have spent shooting clay targets. A different looking gun when on the line also.

20. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If you are still looking I have 3 101's all are very clean guns

2 Diamond Grades, one a combo...34/30 and one is just an unsingle 34"

I also have a 101 Pigeon Grade with a broadway style rib.

I can send pictures if you like. I ship only to FFL holders. If you want the pricing give me your location and I will give you a price including shipping and insurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

win 101 unsingle