1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 101 Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe vandal, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe vandal

joe vandal TS Member

Just looking for feedback on a Win 101, Diamond Grade, combo. I've never seen many of the 101's around...Were there issues with reliability? How they shot? I heard one reference that they had some kick.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice feeling, comes up n ice, well buit, quality all the way. Thats the Pros, the cons are kicks like a mule and resale is not so good

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Guns only kick because they don't fit the person. Have a adjustable butt plate installed and/or an adjustable comb. They will not abuse you after they are fitted to you. I have same said gun. It doesn't kick. I would say if your soft in the shoulder and don't have your head down on the stock anything will kick you. I have been shooting 101's for 9+ yrs they are as reliable as any top $$$ K-Gun or P Gun maybe even more.

Jason in PA

4. ABH

ABH Member

They are some what light for a trap gun. Like Jason said, have an adjustable butt plate and quality pad installed. Add some weight in the stock, and you will notice a big change in felt recoil. I just did this to my 101 combo.

ART H.

5. joe vandal

joe vandal TS Member

That's the kind of input I was hoping for. This does have adjustable butt plate for LOP and drop and an adjustable comb as well. I've been looking for a combo. Seemed like this might be a reasonable option price wise....I've never seen one at our gun club.

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I have five, and shot one for the last 12 years (same one - others are back up and I am cornering the market). Great guns with no problems. They are a bit lighter, and some find the kick hard. I use light loads, and never had an issue with recoil (which I think is bogus). Reliable, excellent high quality guns.

PM me with details if you don't buy it. I'm always in the market for a combo set.

7. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Shot a DG combo 34-30 for 21yrs. only had one problem, that required repairs (ejection hammer). Did put a mercury recoil reducer in the stock,Reliable? I`d say so.. that gun took a lickin and kept on tickin.and its still going..
    Resale value? I`ll bet I could get darn near what I paid for it new 21 yrs. ago.just ask around someone should have one that you could test drive.
    goodluck.. breakemall ML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.