1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 101 barrel interchange

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OhioBob, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

How much fitting is typically required to put a top single barrel from a Diamond Grade Trap onto a different receiver such as a Pigeon Grade?

Will the fore end wood from the Pigeon work with the single barrel?

2. JRD

JRD TS Member

Might want a smith to check the headspace

3. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

It depends on what vintage the Pigeon Grade is........the barrel shoulders are cut different on the older Pigeons....hence the foreend iron is different and the later DG barrel will not accept the Pigeon FE. Late production Pigeons are the same. As to interchangeability.......my top single will accept my unsingles barrel but the unsingle will not fit my O/U's reciever....O/U tubes won't fit either singles ....it's a roll of the dice.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

In firearms terms, the headspace is the distance measured from the part of the chamber that stops forward motion of the cartridge (the datum line) to the face of the bolt or breech.

Jim

5. JRD

JRD TS Member

Jim101, And that can be off on a shotgun as well right? Requiring fitting? I had checked into getting a additional barrel for my top single gun and I was told that it may need some fitting or headspace work.
    Slugger, I see what your saying, I always thought that as well until I started looking into having a barrel fitted to my action, unless the person I got my info from is way off topic? I suppose maybe he was just speaking of a secure lock up, but he mentioned the head space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.