1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilmore KY Policeman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by o-hale, Jul 24, 2013.

1. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Monday evening my bosses wife is stopped in small central KY town for speeding, when local cop gets out of patrol car he has his gun drawn, approaches car very carefully and asks lady if she has a gun because registered owner of vehicle has his conceal carry permit, she did not, he asked this same question to her several times, told her that was reason he had his gun pulled, seems to me that knowing a person has his/her permit would indicate that they would be a safer person to be around knowing they had to go through the background check, anyone else had a similar incident, it would really bother me for a cop to have his gun drawn when he pulled me over !
    BTW he gave her a warning ticket

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Local Constabulary = you get what you pay for.

Good professionals do not work for the Mayberry P.D's....

The lady should file a complaint through the State's Attorney General's Office.

Curt

3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

The guy in KY sounds like a real Barney Fife.

I was pulled in the Grand Teton National Park this May for speeding. The officer asked me if I had any weapons. I told him I had two hand guns - a Glock and an S&W .357. He asked if I had a CWP; I told him yes and showed it to him along with my Alabama driver license. He said, "That is fine; just leave them where they are. You are entitled to have them with you." He ran a check on me and gave me a warning. That was it. I thought he was totally professional.

Mike

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Why should a cop who pulls a gun on a citizen on the basis of what COULD happen, but with zero evidence of anything untoward taking place, be any less guilty of brandishing a weapon than any other citizen?

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

He has better excuses..

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That cop is a Richard Cranium.(Dickhead).

7. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Hey Wayne suppose they would hire me in Wilmore ? I'd only have a 20 minute drive and with my mild manor and temper.I would make a good policeman :)

TD

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Where's 548?

9. steele

steele TS Member

I have to question the initial contact on the traffic stop. The CCW is not indicated on the license plate of the vehicle & a license plate check requested by the officer also does not indicate a CCW for the owner of the vehicle.
    The drivers license does list a CCW for the person. If this did happen, I feel there might be a little more to it. Butch from Pgh

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm a little skeptical that the incident occurred the way it was posted-particularly since the poster is only relating it as it was told to him. In some states the CCW does appear on the license plate information (North Carolina being one.) If stopped by a police officer, the driver is supposed to open the window part way, place both hands on the steering wheel, and immediately inform the officer that he has a CCW and whether or not he has a weapon.

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

273.110 - 15 says there is no need to announce - only produce when requested to do so by law enforcement

12. t-bar

t-bar Member

TD, you would be great...maybe they could hire you at the Grand to be the golf cart police

tbar

13. steele

steele TS Member

Being a retired LEO, I inquired about this to several LEOs still on the job. According to them, there is not a state they know of that indicates a CCW from license plate info. They are quite a few "urban legend" type stories about what "to do" & "not to do" if stopped. The best thing is to check your state regs, relative a CCW.

14. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

TD for sheriff !! 2014

15. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Texas CCW is not tied to the vehicle's plates, but to your drivers license. When they run your license, it comes up that you have a CCW. We used to have to show them (CCW), when you got pulled over, but I don't think so anymore. I haven't been stopped in about 8 years, so, I don't how it is today. That's my 2 cents.

16. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I know that this has is going on something in the computer is connecting ccw to your car don't know what but it happened to a family member no gun but asked where the gun was the son had borrowed the car. Tom

17. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

you are correct, I was not there, it was told to me by my boss, the officer had the radio mike buttoned to his vest, the lady could here the radio dispatcher telling him the vehicle was registered to CWP holder, i.e. my boss, I think it was told to me pretty much the way it happened, I have had a Lexington police officer many years ago get out of his car with his hand on his weapon and approach my vehicle cautiously for a speeding offense, I was ticketed, I sent info on this to NRA officer for KY, he thought it probably just an isolated incident, we have no identifying CWP listed on license plate or drivers license

Terry, no you would only pull over good looking ladies, that would be profiling !

18. trap906

trap906 Member

here in Arkansas as the gentleman from Texas advised, officers are made aware of the ccw permit when they run vehicle tags or dl number. The officers i know here, and that is most of them, are much relieved when they already know they are probably dealing with a good citizen with a gun, instead of trying to guess. Our police are very much for the right to protect yourself. Of course in our part of the world, guns are just a part of everyday life, everbody has several.......

19. rob111

rob111 Member

Years ago I worked for the railroad,we went right thru there ..had a problem a broken air hose, the police went out of there way to help us.. Really nice people from there . We ran between Cincinnati and Danville ky.. Down to earth people ,really enjoyed my time there.. You must have gotten the only prick around ..Respectfully,Rob Mize

20. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Funniest post I've ever seen out of TD! Now don't get me wrong, He's professional, to the point, and always looks angry but I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Eddie Quire