1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Williams Co. Ohio Building Opens!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Smoke, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

1119 days after the fire, Williams County Gun Club is in the new building! Final inspection passed today. Many thanks to all who helped with the project. Pictured are Mary Jane and Johnny Heisler, Gun Club officers, presenting a check for $5000 to John Legg and Brian Etchen, Williams County Conservation League Trustees. Bob Brandt of the Gun Club is on the right. This check brings the total support from the gun club to $10,000, and helped get us over the hump. There are a few odds and ends to complete yet, but an excellent clubhouse is now available at a super shooting facility.

To kick things off, the Gun Club will be holding a 50 bird meat shoot this Sunday, January 24, beginning at 10 a.m. Lunch will be provided by the moms of the youth trapshooters as a fund raiser. (For the youth trapshooters, even though the moms could use it!)

We have also scheduled a 100 bird Calcutta for Saturday, Feb. 13. More details on this event will follow.

The Williams County Conservation League is located in the NW corner of Ohio, 4 miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and 1 mile west of State Rt 15 at the corner of Rd 13 and Rd J. Come join us!

Joe Nester
    [​IMG]

2. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Nice Job everyone. See you Sunday at the shoot. Roger

3. tweety1

tweety1 Member

THANKS to everyone who made this building possible. For all of you who supported us in the last 1119 day, we would like to THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. It has been a trying effort to make things happen but the building being open now will make everyones lives a little better. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!
    Hope to see you on Sunday for the lewis (meat) shoot on Sunday. I think the meat for the day is Bacon.
    Don't forget you mark your calendar for Feburary 13th for the upcoming Calcutta.

Roger we sure hope you bring some Sunshine back from Florida with you and some warm weather for the shoot. That is all we are asking.

THANKS AGAIN:) The Heisler's Mary Jane and Johnny

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I will be there and if I can find a gun in the house I will shoot, as mine are in Florida.

Don

5. alf174

alf174 Member

Congrats! I hope to see the new bldg soon. -jeff

6. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Big Don:
    I will find something for you to shoot. (He, he he.)

Joe

7. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Jeff(alf174): Hope to see you at Williams County sometime...put those golf clubs away and come back from the dark side!

BigDon: You know you never know what you are going to shoot until you open the gun safe, I am sure you will find something. Roger

8. alf174

alf174 Member

Roger, I hope to now that one of the kids is gonna be done with school beginning of March. As a start, I shot Travel League but it was f'ugly. Now I just got to convince the boss to restore wages.

9. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Jeff: Come on down anytime...I will buy you a round (of trap!). Good to hear from you, glad you surfaced!!!

10. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Weather doesn't look too shabby for Sunday Roger. Maybe 44 degrees, heat wave. How is it down south, getting sunburned?

11. alf174

alf174 Member

thanks Roger. tell dinky i said "hey!"

12. JRW

JRW Member

Jeff is that really you. It has been awhile. Jerry Wernette

13. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Joe, weather is great this week. Was nasty last week during the dixie. No sunburn-I have been using sunscreen! See you at the shoot Sunday, Flying home early Sunday am.

Jeff: I will give Dinky a "hey". Take care,Roger

14. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

To the top for a great club and even Greater people!!

See ya' Sunday.

Matt Nicol

15. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Jeff when you come down you can bring some of your Michigan buddies with you haven't seen much of any of you. Remember we don't bite. I know you have been golfing and other things,but at least you can come visit us. We do talk good about you every now and then LOL!!!

Roger are you going to hold off the rain gods for Sunday?

Big Don you can shoot one of my guns. It will break targets if you point it in the right direction HAHAHA!!!

See you all on Sunday.

16. alf174

alf174 Member

jw, yep its me. haven't seen you for a while at ersc.

mj, i think you've seen a few of us for ata. been golfing with omler becuz i can afford it, but i aim to start shooting again and i'll be back down to see you.

-jeff

17. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Didn't want to hijack the thread,just wanted to ask roger what the current price is on shot,need to know how much $$$$ to bring.

18. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

I like hearing the club will have a 100-bird Calcutta!!!

When will the details be coming out? Such a thing could get to be addictive...

Matt

19. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Matt: We are working on the details...we can discuss some of the fine points Sunday at the meat shoot. Yea, the calcuttas should be fun during the winter shooting season.

Fed Paper: I sent you a PM. Roger

20. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Joe and Roger are working on the details. I will be more than glad to help them out if needed.

Jeff, Jim was down at one of our last ATA shoots, he couldn't believe I remembered his name. Take care, MJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.