1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Buy A Bailout Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Just wondering here who has bought a GM or Chrysler product since the bailout? There has been alot of discussion about people turning elsewhere for the vehicle needs. Looks like most vehicle dealerships have lots of inventory not getting purchased.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Never.

30 straight years loyally driving GM.

Three GM vehicles in my driveway the day they stabbed their bondholders in the back and went on welfare.

Sold all three and bought a new Ford and an American-made Toyota for my wife.

GM is dead to me. And the idiots who bought their new stock will deserve what they get when GM goes bankrupt again (Duh, they didn't fix anything when they robbed the taxpayers).

-Gary

3. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Never hate to say it but Honda and Toyota are so much better !

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey just like GW22 I bought an american made Hyundai Sonata. Made down South. Mike.

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

We bought a Malibu since then. It is a decent car and gets about 33 mpg on the highway. It is nothing spectacular, just reliable transportation so far. Actually never gave it much thought about the bailout since the $3000 rebate was in effect when we were looking to buy.

Nothing against Ford. They make some nice vehicles, but I am not too fond of the dealer in our area. Ford also got some government money, borrowed back in 2006. But it was not taken "under the gun" like GM in bankruptcy and no bondholders were robbed.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A bailout in the form of a government loan which will be paid back in full with interest in one thing. Chrysler and Ford did that.

But what happened with GM goes far beyond that. Obama all but nationalized GM, and the purpose was to protect the union, not GM nor the investors.

If GM could not accept a loan then pay it off in full without all the political taradiddle, then they should have gone bankrupt and been reorganized by new owners. In American, the flip side of taking risks and reaping the profits is failing. GM was NOT "too big to fail". The bankrupt company was still a valuable asset and it would have risen again. Instead we have horsecrap politically correct vehicles like the Chevy Dolt being foisted on the public, sometimes in the form of government sales. (I saw a Chevy Dolt NYC police car recently. I doubt the taxpayers will get any benefit from it.)

7. letts

letts TS Member

Why buy GM, Why not? better than buying from some foreign owned auto company

The wife has Buick that was made (as much as possible now days) here in Michigan where we live. Kind of nice to see our friends and neighbors get some of the money we spend.

Letts

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gubmint Motors is dead to me, also.

Never again. There's just too many other good choices out there, for me to support this kind of organization. If they were the only game in town, maybe...but they're not.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Wife's waiting to the new Buick Encore to come out in 2013, I just bought a new Chevy Colorado and the we also have a Chevy Cruise.

American labor still made these machines regardless of how much you guys hate the idea of goverment money bailing out GM.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

... and backstabbing the bondholders.

... and paying off the unions instead of renegotiating the contracts and fixing the problems that caused the failure.

Get a clue.

-Gary

11. burtona

burtona Member

No more UAW made goods for me. Bought wife a new Hyundai Sonata in April. Don't ever plan to buy another US vehicle.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

+1 what Gary said. I was a diehard GM man. I wouldn't have been caught dead in anything but GM. Now, you won't see me anywhere near one. There are better vehicles out there that pay their own bills. I'd buy a Ford before I'd buy another GM. Damn, I never thought I'd say that.

13. warren

warren Member

If GM will do that to it's stockholders and bondholders what will they do to their customers if they get in trouble again, which I understand they already are, they will tell you oh to bad we need another bail out to bad for their customers. No union products for me.

warren

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

After never owning a single GM product my entire life and fully intending to never buy one after the bailout, I'm now the owner of not one but two GM post bailout products. I tried not to do it, but after doing my research, determined that the 2011 Equinox and 2012 Silverado HD were what I wanted. The fact that USAA offered a $750 rebate on them, the fact that the Chevy dealer is right down the street, the fact that I dealt directly with the fleet manager thus avoiding salesmen BS, and the fact that I got them below invoice clinched it for me. They also were a bit higher on my trade-in, which was a bonus.

Even though I'm not Catholic, I went to see a priest to confess my sin of buying GM. He told me that God had forgiven me. I can only hope that my ts.com forum friends will do the same..........

P.S. I really wanted a Kia or a Hundai instead of the Equinox but we had no Kia dealer at the time and the Hundai dealer had little stock. Couldn't waste too much time because previous Honda got totaled by hail and the wife thinks she needs a vehicle to drive- imagine that! Women are so spoiled nowdays.

15. The Stive

The Stive Member

I will never buy a GM product. There are many other choices. John

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Galtie,

OMG no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shut the front gate!

You are a liberal! If not, at least a supporter. Meaning the athletic type. Oh, and a dirty one at that. LOL

17. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Lots of nice comments slamming General Motors!!! Guessing most of those bitching and complaining don't recall GM was once a sponsor of the ATA and gave away a pretty nice vehicle at The Grand. I'm sure most would not have turned that down....

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

18. Fish Springs

Fish Springs Member

I love my IOM 2010 Camaro. And yes I will buy another.

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

My newest vehicle is an '86 Ford F-150 pickup (bought it used). NONE of the Detriot auto makers has built a NEW vehicle I could afford since 1972. So now the gov't steals my money to give it to the auto makers and the UAW so they can make even MORE new pickups that I can't afford while they also pay people (also with MY money) to crush perfectly good old vehicles ("cash for clunkers") that is/was one of the sources of good used parts to keep my old pickups going.

John C. Saubak

20. cnsane

cnsane Member

No, I have Principles. Same excuse I use for not shooting registered since they moved to Foidville. It inconveniences me more than affecting anything else, but does give me the Moral High Ground in arguements. It's also a strong opening move for the I Told You So diatribe which usually follows within a decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.