1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Will you be shooting next year *** $$$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by acre44, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acre44

acre44 Member

I will not give up shooting but this target year so far I have well over 2,000 targets, but next year I am going to cut back. I will only shoot a few times at the local club and I will not miss the state shoot. I will probably shoot more during the state shoot next year than I did this year, only because I shot a lot more targets leading up to the state shoot this year. I will be shooting in a couple of leagues this year as well. The reasons for the cut back on ATA registered targets is due to the drastic increased costs and time constraints with the family.

Todd.

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

If your making a shooting schedule for next year already, you are worrying too much about it already! I will shoot the same amount, to all the big shoots I can make it to. Some people pay 15-20K for a fising boat and only use it 2 or 3 times a year. I will participate in my hobby dozens of times per year! It all depends on hou much you like shooting! I like it a lot and consider it MUCH better than other hobbys I've had. Just go and enjoy yourself and quit worrying about it.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

gonna shoot as much as possible. I go week by week.

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Every chance I get. My problem is with time.

Besides, we're all gonna be a long time dead. Don't want to pass away with all that $20 lead in the garage...

Jim

5. flylta

flylta TS Member

What's the cost of sanity. I went to buy lead at Bass Pro and it was $40. I said no way, the wife was standing right there and said get 2 it's cheap. I told her ta\hat it had gone up $7 in a week and I figured I could get it cheaper on ebay. She picked up 2 bags and put it in the cart. Then looked and me and said $80 to keep you sane is cheap, no get to reloading and go shoot.

If time allows I will be shooting more next year.

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

I hate to say it but I already have. Since 2001 we have "registered" 85,150 and who knows how many practice rounds.

It is a wonder that my wife hasn't divorced me:)

I will end 06/07 with about 7k as opposed to 15k 05/06.

07/08 we will be shooting bigger shoots more days and smaller shoots less days.

I am going to get back to hiking, camping, fishing and might even crank the Ham radio back up and send a little CW.

38-01615

7. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Sounds like a good idea. DE W8KS!

8. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Roll over and give up to the gun grabbers. No way. Shoot more!

9. incognito

incognito TS Member

Oh noooooooooooo,

I may have to trade my $1,000,000 motor home in on an $800,000 model. Or, I could trade my gold inleted Perazzi in on a 1100 Remington and have enough money left over to shoot for the rest of my life. NOT. Most trap shooters make enough money that the modest increases we've seen won't even dent their wallet. However, I'm sure they will pi$$ and moan, and claim they are about to die. Like they do when the price of an 8 lb. jug of Green Dot goes up $1.

10. laura!

laura! Member

I'd sooner cut off my right foot than stop shooting.

'nuff said!

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

I will most likely still be shooting but shooting conservatively less. I shoot now with various friends and used to meet and shoot almost any evening or weekend day that I would get a call but with the prices of shooting going up and up and up again just this year ... well ... I have begun to cut back and will continue to cut back if it keeps going up and up and up.

I am a little happy that a recent deal on a new gun fell threw since one of my concerns on the purchase was that if I bought it could I afford to shoot it? I'm still looking for a new O/U but I will be much more cost conscious on what I get so I can still afford to shoot some.

I wont stop shooting entirely but I will cut down ... I figure 8 to 10 rounds (or less) of whatever a week is what I will limit myself to if the costs keep going the way they are.

12. Wagon Lady

Wagon Lady TS Member

I just had this conversation with my husband last night and he is going hunting and buying horses and I'm buying more reload supplies. Trap is a wonderfull thing.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I will be making up a schedule of trapshoots, car shows, and bowling tournaments so divideing my time between the 3 activities may cause me to cut back on one or the other from time to time ... I hope to shoot more than I have in the past couple of years but thats only if time allows ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. darr

darr Well-Known Member

All I have is work and family.I probably shoot an average of 50 boxes a month if I am lucky.Shells and components are going to have to go up alot to keep me from shooting.In the last couple of years I have amassed enough powder,wads, and primers to last 2 years.I am going to start making shot.It is a pricy habit anyway but it keeps me sane.I need it.Hell I can even tolerate the people I shoot with.Unless it starts taking food out of the kids mouth I will keep on going.I will not give those GD democrats the satisfaction of stopping.

Darr Wilson

15. The Stive

The Stive Member

I will probably shoot a little less. I have cut back this year and if I see
    the need, I will cut back more. John

16. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I'll cut back on other things before I quit shooting. I am actually planning on increasing the amount of practice I do, especially after I get a shotmaker.

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'll be there. Look for me...wouldn't miss a shoot for the world.

In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to retire in 3 1/2 years so I can shoot MORE.

jeff

18. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

Unlike the rest of you money is an issue. My friends and myself have cut back on our shooting by about 90% and will probabley quit if prices continue to rise. Do not want to stop but that is the simple economics of the situation. Scott

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

Probably a lot more than this year, but it sure as hell wont be at ATA targets.

20. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Probably about the same. Not much long distance traveling though. Maybe a couple of state shoots and the Grand, then small shoots a couple times per month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.