1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will trap stock on 525 change point of impact?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tracer, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer Member

I have a Browning Mod. 525 with a field stock. Want to use it for trap shooting and am thinking I might shoot a little better if I put a trap stock on it. I know field guns shoot lower then trap guns but don't know if it is because of the higher comb or if the barrels are tuned at the factory to shoot higher. Any info would be appriceated. Thanks, Del

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Yes, higher the stock/comb, the higher the point of impact. The barrels are not "tuned" to shoot any higher...it's all in the drop of stock. Your 525 will make an excellent trap gun.

3. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks Jim, now all I have to do is find one. Del

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Del, I don't think Browning made the 525 in trap configuration. They did have the skeet model which is close to a trap stock's dimensions. Maybe someone here with more knowledge can tell you if the 425 Skeet, Special Trap, or XT Trap stocks will fit a 525 frame/receiver.

5. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks Jim,
    I will write a new thread looking for a stock and see if anyone knows. Del

6. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks Pat, that sounds like a good way to go. Guess I need to find a stock maker that can do that. Know any? Del

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The info above is correct....no factory trap stocks that will fit the 525 receiver. I probably do more adjustable combs on 525's than any other single model of shotgun.

Ken Rucker

8. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks Ken. Will call you tomorrow. Del

9. mike b.

mike b. Member

Another consideration above.....

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Don't do it. A trap stock probably won't be the correct hight for you since the ribs are different.

Get the gun you have fit to you. Consider adding an Adj comb.

If you are anywhere near NY, Philadelphia, or Washington DC call me 609 231 1898

Joe Goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.