1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL TRADE SHOT FOR WW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

THIS IS LONG read it all.you send me 3 flat rate boxes with 65 lbs wheel weights in each, i will send you 50 lbs shot. # 9s or 8s. i will have 7 1/2 soon. i know this is more than is offered by a nother. here is what i have in it. 195 lbs -takes 2hr to make ingets.makes 6 1/2 bags shot 2 1/2 hrs . wash shot 1 hr. drying- i let it lay in my barn for 3 days. sifting 6 1/2 bags-30 min . tumble in 2 batches in cement mixer with grafit for 4 hrs each. 6 bags 1.00 ea. bag time 20 min. trip to post office 45 min. cost to ship with signatuer conf. $11.05. $ 2000.00 in equipment. after all that i have 4 1/2 bags.. HERE IS HOW I AM WORKING THIS DIFFERENT AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. you should ship flat rate with sinature confirmation. at 11.05 per box. if you get the ww for free your shot is 16.58 per bag. . FIRST YOU LET ME KNOW YOU WANT THIS , WHAT SIZE SHOT AND THAT YOU ARE READY TO SHIP. I THEN WILL BOX UP YOUR SHOT READY FOR YOUR SHIPPING LEABLE, AND THEN AND ONLY THIN TELL YOU TO SHIP YOUR WW. ONCE I GET IT I WILL PRINT A LABLE AND TAKE YOUR SHOT TO THE POST OFFICE WITH IN 2 BUSINESS DAYS. THIS WAY YOU ARE SURE THE SHOT IS ALREADY BEFORE YOU SHIP THE LEAD. I HAVE ENOUGH LEAD TO BE READY FOR THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE. the reason i am doing this is to gather a good supply of ww. i said this was long and more than you have been trading for.BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS THE SHOT WILL BE ALREADY MADE WHEN I TELL YOU TO SHIP YOUR WW. if this interest you email me charles@nickolsons.com . the orders will be placed in first come first servied. thanks charles

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It seems like a decent offer but maybe you could clean up all the small case, upper case, spelling along with maybe proper punctuations. Your offer is very and I mean very difficult to read.

It does look like your saying for anyone who sends you 65#'s of wheel weight lead you will send them in return 50# of #9 or #8 shot and will soon be able to produce and send #7.5 shot as well.

Was that correct?

3. 686

686 TS Member

no no no . the first line list you send me 3 boxes with 65 lbs in each. that is a total of 195 lbs. i knew you could not get 195 lbs in one or two boxes that is why i said 3 boxes with 65lbs . sorry for the grammer. it does not bother me one way or the other if any takes me up on this. i am just offering a way to get shot cheep and know the shot will be made before you ship the ww. if i do not get any takers in 2 weeks i will stop the offer. thanks charles

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Hmm....send 200lbs and get back 50. That doesn't seem like a steal to me or anything.

Forrest

PS I am still shooting reclaimed shot!

5. 686

686 TS Member

if you have acess to free wheel weights it would be $16.58 per 25 lb bag. you'd only be paying for the postage us postage flat rate. i have shot already made as soon as i receive your lead i'll ship out the shot within two business days. you won't have to wait for me to make the shot out of your lead i already have shot made and it goes out right away.

shot sell for $45 to 65 per bag in my area, not sure what it costs in your area so if your able to get scrape wheel weights for free then it cost just postage sounds like a deal to me. I see people are still waiting for shot from other people trading lead for shot. These people ordered shot in January, i'm not making you wait.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

686 where are you located??

Bill

8. 686

686 TS Member

i am in sw florida

9. 686

686 TS Member

i will be away fron the net till monday, if you try to reach me that is why.

10. trap906

trap906 Member

ok 686, I'll bite, I got weights laying around anyway. I've already sent the other guy some and no shot[1-14-08] but I don't think I can get 65 lbs. in that little flat rate box, but I'll see if I can. I really want 71/2's but I'll take some 8's just to start out. leave me a address to ship to. and how much for 50lbs. outright? I'm in north Ark. zip 72513. thanks, Rob

11. darr

darr Well-Known Member

686 email me and I will take you up on it.I probably have about 1000 lbs. of wheel weights.

Darr Wilson

12. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I don't have lead to trade, do you sell shot also?

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

WoW glad I still have 3/4 of a ton of Hornady Magumn shot that I paid almosat 10.75 a bag for at the time I thought it was high but I know the price of shot is way over 20.00 a bag now.

No I think I will keep what I have since I have had it for 10 years or so.

Foggy

14. nipper

nipper TS Member

if you find it for 20.00 a bag please let me know

Bill

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It could be almost double what you paid for it, or maybe a little more than that. Good investment. HMB

16. richrob

richrob TS Member

I have a good supply of WWs to make shot myself but would trade if it were a reasonalbe exchange rate. I have also considered selling my lead to the scrap yard and buying factory.

Locally scrapyards are paying $0.60 to $0.90 per lb. I could take my 195 lbs and sell it for $117 to $175 and buy 2+ bags of factory.

If you change your exchange rate I would bet you could build a much larger supply of lead, including mine. -Rich

17. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Richrob are you sure you have junkyards that pay 60 to 90 cents a pound for scrap lead?

I have a friend in the scrap metal busines who will give 20 cents for wheel weights.

He said he'd sell me all I wanted at $.030 a pound.

18. richrob

richrob TS Member

Thats the quote I got on the phone, price was for wheel weights in quantities of 1000+ lbs, they were selling for $1.10+ per lb.

686, I want to clarify that I do applaud your efforts to supply lesser priced lead to other shooters. As I have made shot I do understand the time it takes and that ultimatly you are doing this to build a supply for yourself. I was simply stating for me to take you up on this offer I would need a little more return.

What about lead ingots? -Rich

19. jalu

jalu Member

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

At your current rate you are sending us 50lbs at 12.00 roughly, you get 145lbs WWs for .08 per lb. Guys its a lot of work, like the fact you show what involved on your end. You either accept the deal or not. I am down to 100lbs or so a free WWs per month down from last year I could get 300 to 500 with out really trying. Most of my sources have been selling used WWs back to distributor of new WWs. Best deal I have is about .25/lb. Forget the scrappers you want to buy scap lead around here you better want to buy 1ton plus @ 1.00/lb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.