1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will trade Kruggerand for interesting 1911 pistol

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Jerry944t, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Kruggerand which is a 1 ounce Gold Bullion Coin that is busy appreciating in value but boring to watch. This is in uncirculated mint condition.

I would rather have a 1911 pistol which is much more fun to play with.

The value of the Gold coin is approximately $1150 and rising. With the economy in it's present state it probably will continue to increase in value.

I'd like to trade for a 1911 pistol, preferably with target sights. What would you like to trade?

You can contact me by Private Message on this forum or email me at xxxJerry944T@xxxComcast.net. Drop the x's of course

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Jerry, if you have two of those Kruggerands I have a very interesting military 1911. Bulge

3. Jerry944t

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks BB, but I'm not a collector. I'd want a shooter. Still I'm curious. What do you have?

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I have a Colt 1911 Series 70 with Heinie compensator and Heinie sights. It has a Safari land beavertail grip safety, ambidextrous safety and a professional trigger job.

Jim Skeel

5. Jerry944t

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Unloader. I am well aware of the spot price of gold so my bubble is intact. However, FYI, gold in the form of Bullion coins such as Krugerrands commands a reasonable premium.

I'm not asking you to believe me. You can easily look it up. Also the price of gold is volatile so the price of the coins does mimic the trends of the gold market. Obviously which direction the movement will be is anyone's guess.

I'm just willing to trade a tangible asset for another, more interesting, tangible asset.

Cheers,

Jerry

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Gold and Guns,

The new future currency?

I'd rather barter tangibles than the falling USD anyday!

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

0   0   0

I believe the old rule of thumb was related to a Colt SAA in 45 Colt compared to a gold coin. Same idea though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.