1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL THIS KICK UP??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RidefastShootstraight, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

I am getting a stock made and this picture caught my eyes, it's got the biggest monte carlo stock I have seen. you are sure less likely to lift your head but will it kick your face?

and just hold on a sec before you give comments, I watched a documentary about modern firearms, the design of m-14 lends itself to "muzzle lift" because the line of barrel, ie direction of recoil sits higher than the mounting point, which is the gun butt, therefore an upward rotating movement occurs when gun is fired, this "fault" was taken into consideration when the M-16 was designed, M-16s have the stock and barrel on the same plane, therefore eliminated almost all the muzzle lift.

now does the same goes for shotgun?

Kelsey

[​IMG]

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Kelsey

What are you shooting a 682 combo gun ok it looks like from the stock you got it was custom fitted so if it was then im sure it won't kick like a normal gun would.

Ok I shoot a 680 combo and it fit's me well you do have a lot of Jawl into the wood but if the stock was made to fit you then it should be ok but if it was a gun you bought from someone and trying to fit to it then you might need a person that you trust local tom help you out.

Foggy

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok never mind I thought that was you and your gun stock so disregard anything I said but tell us more on what kind of gun and more about the stock.

I must had read to fast before thinking that was you and your gun stock.

Ok it is gettign late.

Foggy

4. tomk2

tomk2 Active Member

From the angle provided, that stock looks like it fits quite well. Regardless of what the barrel does after you pull the trigger, I would think that a good fitting stock will feel and shoot well.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Kelsey...let me know how you make out, ESPECIALLY if you are going with something similar to the stock above. I will probably be looking at a custom sometime in the fall. Just like many women, I have a long neck and would like to stay more upright.

I currently use a Jones adjuster to get my K-32 up higher. I don't get any perceptible rotation/kick, but I mount my gun well above my shoulder. I have a way of locking it in so it doesn't wobble, but I would really like to have something that goes into the shoulder solidly, and still comes all the way up to my face.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Actually that stock is built to have the recoil pad at a lower level. The comb still has to put your eye on the rib.

Reinhart Fajen used to say the top of the recoil pad should be even with the top of the shoulder.

Makes sense to me. That looks like a very good fitting stock.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.