1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the nation ever get it???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hank55, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

Today on the stump in Denver, Obama is blaming his poor performance in the debate on the fact that Mitt Romney wasn't the person who he usually is and didn't factually represent his true policies. For the last 3 1/2 years he's blamed his poor performance on George W. Bush because he herited his problems. I realize that there's a portion of the voting public who will always vote Democratic regardless of the candidate's qualifications and there's also a portion who only see "what's free" and know that Obama will supply it. What concerns me is the portion who can think logically and see this man is totally unqualified to run this nation on his own merits and knowledge, and yet will go ahead and vote for him anyway. Regardless of their likes or dislikes for Romney,they can't see the real Obama. I really hate to feel that our nation is that much out of touch with reality.

2. 87AA

87AA TS Member

The nation is out of touch with reality. Somewhere along the line we transitioned from a country of WE THE PEOPLE to ME THE INDIVIDUAL. We vote for what we want and tell ourselves that its the best for the country. If you're a gay rights type, you're going to vote for the gay rights candidate. If you're anti-tax you're going to vote for the anti-tax candidate. And let's face it, most of us here are going to vote for anybody that stands up and says "that guy over there (the opponent) wants to take your guns away". A candidate may have zero leadership skills, zero policy-making skills, hell he can be of questionable sexual orientation and he's still going to get the pro gun vote.

For a couple of years the rally cry has been "fire 'em all". But really what good would it do if WE THE PEOPLE replace them with politicians that satisfies ME THE INDIVIDUAL?

This is a divided country. It's us vs them, the pro vs the anti, R vs D, blue vs red. The don't give or compromise and we don't give or compromise. Try to use your brain, think for yourself, and do what you believe is right and for your efforts you're labeled a RINO or DINO; a traitor to your party. Not directly step for step with the party then you might as well kiss your political career goodbye.

Until WE THE PEOPLE look past the (R) or (D) in a candidates name and actually chose the person right for the job and the COUNTRY, we'll be in the same mixing bowl going 'round and 'round pointing the finger at the other guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.