1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the ETC of the ATA approve the new

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Bulletin:

The Executive Technical Committee(ETC) was called into a special session last night to decide whether to allow the use of the Mechanical Ocillating Stabilizer(MOS) to be used on trap guns at Registered ATA Sanctioned Shoots.

The MOS has created quite a storm in Europe as it has leveled the playing field(LTPF) and the European Big Dogs(EBD) have complained to the European Trap Union(ETU) that now anyone shooting trap can break targets without missing. This new MOS has been in such demand that demand has outstripped the supply and has appeared to LTPF; the ETU has been lax in restricting the use of the MOS and are having a hard time coming up with new rules to restrict it's use and the EBDs are really howling!

The ATA ETC is trying to get the jump on trying to decide whether to allow the MOS which will LTPF. During the emergency session of the ETC last night at the Sparta Motel in Sparta, Illinois a straw ballot was cast and it was voted 12 to 3 with 9 members absent and 1 abstaining to put the MOS to a test by sending a case of 12 of the latest version stage IV to the ATA secret test facility Sleepy Hollow Trap range located at a secret,hidden, and secluded facility deep in the hills of Kentucky. The ETC feels if these MOS devices are used by a selected group of non-ata shooters, shooting long range shells with illegal loads of "OHIO 9s"(4s+5S)will tell if the MOS actually will work and the EBDs must have no complaints about LTPF!

One provision the ETC did stipulate was to try to prevent any MOS from reaching the hands of Neil Winston as he will run tests and use graphs, charts, and good humor of which could cause the average trapshooter a mental breakdown on the line from searching for the meaning of the MOS and what bearing it has on how they are going to break each target while trying to LTPF!

From what I can gather, never having seen one of the latest stage IV MOS, it is a small battery powered gyroscope type device(I know I am oversimplifying a very complex precision instrument). The MOS is attached to the forearm slightly in front of where the hand is placed; The MOS negates the weight of the trapgun and goes to the target or where ever you are looking with a weightless sensation. The MOS is said to work wonders for women,children, and men who don't believe in working out very much....the MOS makes the gun feel weightless!

These devices are not for everyone though as the only price I could find,(and it wasn't the deluxe Missouri Handicap Model) was 339.95 Eurodollars which may price it out of the hands of the common shooters and may even cause some if they buy it to be unable to buy shells for events even at Walmart!

Several people were skeptical of a device which would LTPF and felt it was just a plot hatched by the ETC to take the competition out of trapshooting and make it into a social event only, since everyone would break every target in every event they would enter and the shootoffs would last till only the winner still had shells. More skeptics of the MOS were found on TS.Com than on any other website and the total population of Europe!

Be sure and talk with your state delegate about this and have a happy April 1st! Biff

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

comedy's tough

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I heard about these! Didn't CERN develop them?
    -Trappy

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

like I said, comedy's tough.

5. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

What do you really think is in that stock of Leo's? Slow learners aren't ya?

6. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

Ok...does it take a woman to figure this one out? Biff is at it again! Read his last line for the clue!

He was up into the wee hours of the morning working on this one!

He was born an April "fooler"! Really, today is Biff's birthday!

With his creative mind...I do think one of the shooting magazines should hire him to write for them!

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They sent me mine 3 weeks ago, will try it out at tonites buddy shoot under the lights, they have not been used or tested under the lights, The Photo Reactor Cells were designed for daylight use.

100 straights have been commonplace with there introduction, even by women and children.

The LTPF is unknown what will happen.

The FTOA will be snapping them up right and left, Japan is considering a model for $199.95.

This model will be available for special order AFD-1

Biff to get updated model with NTD modifications

GB

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The ETC has suspended Biff from ATA participation for three fortnights for, apparently, hacking into the private email accounts of that hitherto well-cloaked committee of the ATA.

What he says is basically true - testing is proceeding apace in Kentucky and the results are disturbing to say the least. For one thing, this technology threatens to completely nullify the current success of the handicap system. Since they are not yet approved for ATA events, they have only been tested at "Games" where we have often seen only borderline-skilled 20-yarders break them all apparently effortlessly "from the porch." Clearly, it produces a PF which is way too L.

Even more threatened is TS.com itself. Rumors of impending decreased traffic have already devastated advertising revenue. Since everyone will now switch to 7/8-ounce loads the ten percent of all posts presently devoted to demands for that posted primarily by people who do not actually shoot trap will be wiped out altogether which will finally tip the balance to over 50% of all submissions being promotions of the libidinous attractions of Sarah Palin and, even more disturbingly, Rush Limbaugh.

Also gone will be the three-hole stuff since it won't make any difference anymore. Questions about the health effects of radar guns will disappear and the guns themselves will just be used to heat coffee when the club microwave is chronographing shells.

The Rules Committee, in its traditional role of stooge for the ETC, will soon issue a ruling, the only delay being the translation into Swahili for inclusion in the next printing of the rulebook, a path we have been following for several years and are still waiting for someone to notice.

Shame on you, Biff! Just look what you have done!

Neil

9. biff

biff Active Member

I knew alot of shooters would want to see what the MOS looked like. However I was able to only get my hands on the MOS MarkII Model which is presently outdated and the newer ones are much smaller due to the use of tiny transistors.

Neil, I do appreciate the long phone conversation last night where you pledged to speak in my behalf to the ATA Judicial Committee for my reinstatement. All of my friends plan a large celebration when this happens and with the Governor of Ky personally handing me my reinstatement!!!! Yeah!! Also Neil as I promised, but keep it under your hat that you will be receiving overnight express delivery the very latest MOS Mark IV for your own personal use. Remember you promised not to graph this thing which will definitely make a bunch on TS.Com VERY unhappy! As we both laughed loudlylast night as how the Big Dogs will be yelping when we LTPF!!! Biff

Now here it is folks!:
    [​IMG]

10. biff

biff Active Member

Sorry folks, THIS WAS an APRIL FOOLS JOKE which I think was taken seriuosly!

I must apologize to the shooters on here for the ruse, I know if there was such a device, you would not only want it but "Have to Have it"! And to Neil, I'm sorry for entering your name into this but it did give it the credentials needed to pull it off, thanks for going along with it!

OK Snapshot, I'll put your hair dryer back where I got it, but it did look pretty Hi Tech to say the least!

All I can say is for those of you who can't hit the "broad side of a Barn" I do hope such a device is truly invented!!! Biff

PS: Again let me say this is an example of my poor attempt at humor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.