1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will small rifle/ pistol primers hit 100.00 per 1K

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Will they hit that or go higher? I checked gunbroker the other day and there were bids up to 375.00 a case of 5K

What is the prediction on how high shotgun primers will cost?

I'm thinking of dumping a pile of small rifle and pistol primers at this time........perhaps another couple of weeks and they will be worth double that............. l.g.

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Why are shotgun primer cost shooting up ? Merely a function of supply and demand. Last time I bought Win primers I think they were about $140 per five thousand ?

A smart shopper should stock up now ?

3. 1oz

1oz Member

Yes create a shortage and demand issue thats what we need

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Last week or so one brick of LRP went for $160 on GB. The only thing I was thinking was what idiot would pay that when you can still get em for $38 per brick if you look hard enough. Its just gone crazy since the election!

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Cheddites are going for $120/5000 here in Ohio.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. alanp

alanp TS Member

If you look at the daily bulletin on 6mmBR.com there is posted the following.

"Major commodities exchanges announced that they would commence trading of cartridge primers and primer futures contracts, starting on April 2, 2009. This marks the first time that an ammunition component will be exchange-traded, alongside oil, gas, precious metals, and agricultural products. Federal, CCI, Remington, and Wolf primers will be listed on the NYMEX (N.Y. Mercantile Exchange), CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange), and the USFE (U.S. Futures Exchange)".

“Primers may be the pork-bellies of the future.” — V. DeMarco, Commodity Trader

Not good

Alan

7. alec

alec TS Member

This primer issue is way out of control. We have been reloading our own for years.

Take the used primer, pull the anvil out, take a small punch and remove the firing pin mark. You then mix up a good priming compound ( formula available on the internet), place the compound in the primer cup and replace the anvil.

Safety equipment required:
    1. Welding gloves (to maintain all digits)
    2. 10x safety glasses (so you can really see it comming)
    3. 2 Asprins ( in case you screw up you can take them just before you kiss it goodby.

8. little gambler

Well if the price continues to skyrocket, I will be attending my first gun show as a vendor in a couple of weeks. Counted last night, could be a new pigeon gun on the shelf. Some small rifle win, cci, remington benchrest. Small pistol winchester, and small magnum pistol............. 100.00-125.00 perK sounds good to me. I have been flooded with pm's, I had no idea it was that hard to get these things.

Rich, it is a good thing I am still wearing my boots from checking my ponds this morning. :)

Magnum, you just happen to be in luck, I will bring you a one gallon milk jug this weekend of once fired small rifle primers (over 50% of them might have even killed a sand rat), you however will have to bring the punch and asprin. If we can just get that Shrode guy to help us we can start the assembley line. $1.00 a piece sounds damn good for a refurbished primer. l.g.

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

gambler,,stick your primers up your ass,,you can't even answer any PM's,,lol

10. little gambler

Subject: Will small rifle/ pistol primers hit 100.00 per 1K
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Apr 02, 2009 - 01:53 PM ET
    Website Address:

"gambler,,stick your primers up your ass,,you can't even answer any PM's,,lol"

22 pm's & emails.........from guys offering 17.00-40.00 per K........ mine are 100.00K today. How many can you afford?.........sucks to be low or looking for them egh?

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

you did notice the lol at the end?????

I bought mine for 38.00,,,,

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rick, There isn't a small rifle primer to be had in the valley at any price. Bi-mart will allow a buyer to purchase 200 primers and that is when they have them! Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.