1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Parts washer solvent freeze ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by K-GUNS, Jul 7, 2013.

1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I know if it gets cold enough almost anything will freeze. Here is my situation:
    I live in south central pa with temps going down into single digits sometimes near zero,but not too often in the winter. I put up a pole building and have placed my parts washer inside-no heat. In the winter,at what temp will the Tractor supply brand of CRown PSC 1000 parts cleaner fluid freeze ?

Will I need to drain and remove it for the winter or will it keep from freezing ? I can't find any info on freezing point of the fluid.

CRAB

2. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Why not try a test with some placed in a plastic container in your fridge freezer.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

The Queen of the Palace will NOT allow me to bring that "smelly stuff " inside-even though it doesn't smell that bad.

Very good idea though, thanks for the input.

I did try going on Crown web site and looking at Data sheets-gives flash point but nothing about freezing.

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Just do it when she is not home, I take care of tasks like that frequently.

5. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

Just another good reason to get a beer fridge for the shop. But I don't think it will freeze . Had no problem with mine after insurance made me take out the wood stove. Ken

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Seal it in a TupperWare container and label it "urine sample."

Should do the trick...

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with that particular blend, but typical wash solvents have to get below -70°F to get real mushy.

8. chemist

chemist Member

Be careful of the container as some cleaners will break down plastic. Take a small glass jar , like a jelly jar, add liquid to half full and close it. Leave it in the pole barn on a cold weather test. The parts cleaner tank holds a lot of liquid and will take longer to freeze that the little jar. Only water expands on freezing so no worry about jar breaking.

Rich kaplan . Chemist

Search tags for this page
can you let water based parts washer solvent freeze

does psc 1000 parts washer solvent freeze

non freezing parts washer solvent

parts washer solvent does it freeze

parts washer solvent freeze

psc 1000 parts washer solvent

will parts solvent freeze
will solvent freeze