1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will one of you Democrats please give me $3,128?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JBrooks, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You see you guys voted for these thieving lunatics, not me.

Posted by Rep. George Radanovich

"This week, as the stock market continues its perilous slide towards an unknown abyss; the House Energy and Commerce Committee will begin hearings on a national energy tax bill that will cost every American household $3,128 a year for the “right” to emit carbon dioxide.

The discussion draft of the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) has four primary objectives (a renewable energy production mandate; improving energy efficiency; a cap and tax on carbon emissions; and creating “green collar” jobs) with one common thread tying them all together—central government planning.

ACES is nothing more than a veiled attempt to bring more of the private sector underneath big government’s tent while creating a $1.3 trillion slush fund for liberal social agendas under the guise of environmental do-goodism.

Most importantly, for a cap and tax bill to be effective and produce the goals of carbon emission reductions outlined in ACES (83 percent reduction of 2005 levels by 2050); energy is going to have to get expensive—oppressively expensive. Even President Obama admitted cap and tax bill would cause electricity prices to “necessarily skyrocket.”"

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

They are only trying to save the planet. How do you save the planet? By paying more to the federal government. That always works. They say the only sure things are death and taxes. Well, after centuries of paying taxes the earth is still here. It works.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Gee, no offers yet? Where are all the Obama supporters? Where are the union guys? Where's Trappy?

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I thought we were trying to stimulate the economy, not save the planet....

By taking money away from people that work for it, and then giving it back to them after Odumba taxes it on the way by...

Yeah. That oughta work....

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Nothing will solve the green house effects. The planet will run its course as it always has. It may slow alittle but it will not stop. To think otherwise is not reasonable in my opinion. What's the funniest thing about global warming/cooling etc is no matter what we do it's ineveitable. On the scale of time it's not even measurable. Gas, oil etc same thing. It's all just a speck in time. Guess people want to think they make a difference but in the scale of space in time it really doesn't. WE CANNOT SAVE OUR PLANET! We can only make it last a micro/split second longer.

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I didn't think there was any problem that could not be solved by giving more money to the government. The dinosaurs would still rule the earth if they had only had a strong federal government to send money to. All you have to do is look who is in charge of the government right now. Has a more brilliant bunch of people ever been assembled.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

HIghflyer
    You are not correct.

It must be a strong Democratic Government.

Don Verna

8. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

You see highflyer, that is where you are wrong--back in the days of dinosaurs, they had a VERY strong Democratic government. The leader of this government was called Obamasaurus Tax and at his right claw was the Pelosidactyl. The taxes that they demanded were in the form of flesh from their loyal constituents and they basically consumed them all.

The poor loyal constituents of this government basically became lunch for their overpowering leader and it was all made legal by the A.G. StagoHoldersaurus. So as they were litteraly eating the ass end of the subjects that had voted them into office, they were telling these same subjects how good it was for them that their government was so big and strong.

The small brains of the voters agreed because, "what did they know? this was their chosen leader". Until the day that God looked down, said this is enough and smote those nasty dinosaurs until they became the fuel in our cars today. Then God said, "I will create a race of beings that will have larger brains and will not repeat this mistake." Apparantly, that race has yet to be determined.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Very good jjv1234. Can I use this in emails?

10. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

Have at it hoggy, nothing spreads the truth like a little satire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.