1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Obama Come to Sparta ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I was just wondering.....since our new President is from Illinois and is a self proclaimed friend of the gun owner......do you think he will come back to his home state in August and pay a visit to the Grand American ?? He could even bring the pro-gun Governor of Illinois with him and make a day of it!! How nice would that be ???............Uncle Sam, Pa.

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Pipe Dream

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

He will be in East St.Louis conversateing with the people who elected him ... They are planning a Rib fest, watermelon throwing contest, and other activitys such as drive by shootouts, shucking and jiveing, and a car show of Pimpmobiles ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Racist statements might be like driving nails into our coffin. Do you really think it is appropriate to make others feel less worthy based upon their background and appearance rather than by their actions? Does not the anti-gun movement do that to "us" quite often?..sorry about the preaching, but racism is offensive and particularly offensive when it only degrades the person throwing out the epithet.

5. WesleyB

Nothing said about race.. or racist statement looks to me like anyone could fit the statements in above posts. But yes racist statements i dont agree with.But the gate needs to swing both ways fair and true. But they dont.

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

He could take Kaye's clinic while he was there !!!!

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The post above mine said: "He will be in East St.Louis conversateing with the people who elected him ... They are planning a Rib fest, watermelon throwing contest, and other activitys such as drive by shootouts, shucking and jiveing, and a car show of Pimpmobiles ... WPT ... (YAC) ..."

One would think we are aware buzzwords describing alleged and often mythical stereotypical behavior.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The race referred to is not what he is. He will throw them down like a used rubber on a dirt road.

And I think a little racism is in order here, considering what they had a major part in doing to this country.

HM

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Race??? I'm not interested in Nascar!!
    Additional Questions....
    1. Would he stay and shoot some events??
    2. Would he have his own squad or would he sign up "Pot Luck' ?????
    3. If he had his own squad....who would be on it ???
    4. What kind of Trap Gun does he shoot??
    5. And of course......71/2's or 8's ????
    I need these questions answered so I can tell people.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

10. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Well, he was at Sparta the first year the Grand was there. I hope he never returns...................Roger

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

He'll be shooting on a squad with Jr. Johnson using some Model 12's. The ammo will be made up "legal like", but by Jr.s secret recipe.

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

How about this for the "Dream Squad" ??
    Position 1..and lead-off....Barack Insane Obama...Position 2..Joe Biden...Position 3...Gov. Blajovenovanbanovich(Illinois Governor)..Position 4.....Chuck Shumer...Position 5....Nancy Pelosi, Scorer/Referee...Barney Frank. This should get the job done and draw quite a crowd !!! What a way to promote our sport and build up the attendance at the Grand !!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

13. WesleyB

Uncle Sam.. Better build more seating!!!! and Parking. Also more food!!!

14. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

When he gets to the Grand, I wanna do the cookin'!

He'll love my BBQ...REALLY...

If you think I'm kidding, come to the Kentucky State Shoot in 2009 and try it!!!

Great BBQ and benefits Youth Shooting in KY....

Maybe he'll contribute to Youth Shooting???

milt

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

But Jerry....He would be among friends !! I heard him say it during his campaign." I am not anti-gun!! I do not want your guns!!"When these politicians say that kind of thing...they mean it !!! They would never say one thing and then do another !!!......and think of the promotion for our sport !! And Jerry...think of what he will do for Michigan. He already promised to save the auto trade and in a few years all will be well in Detroit !!! This man is truly a wizard....Maybe he can help with the price of shot and new ammo !!!!!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

16. bb-84

bb-84 Member

He will come to Sparta after the Knob Hill machine gun shoot and after the Camp Perry Matches. NOT

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama has bigger fish to fry and they are not in Sparta, or East St. Louis, that much you can bet on ...

Chango2,

You have obviously never been to East St.Louis, the things that I mentioned are common every day activitys except the rib fest and watermelon throwing contest, in the city on the banks of the Muddy river across from St.Louis and you can see the Arch from Main street ... Nothing racial or racist about it, thats just the way it is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I'm certain that the Decatur division of Homeland Security will again be there thus insuring that a bunch of crabby old men with guns will be safe from terrorists and their like............merlyn

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

WPT...I hear you, lots of stuff everyday in Los Angeles, IMO, it just plays bad when it is presented in a context that LOOKS racist. Shoot well, shoot often.

Regards,

David

20. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

So here’s another of my less than brilliant ideas…

How about the ATA President and or BOD send an official and sincere invitation to Obama? Invite him to the Grand. Seriously. Think about it. Maybe…just maybe, he would be interested and have the time. What an opportunity…thousands of people SAFELY enjoying a shooting sport.

It’s a long shot, but what is there to lose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.