1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will normal rifle prices ever come back?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bcnu, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Do you guys think that normal rifle and ammo prices will be back within a couple of months or are we now at a new benchmark pricewise? I have been wanting to get an ar just to have one in case things do go bad but I just can not make myself pay two or three times what they were just a couple of weeks ago. I guess that is the trapshooter coming out in me lol. Personally, I don't think the potus has the juice to get enough of congress to go along with all this banning, especially when it comes to light that one was not even used in the school shooting. I think that had one been used in the shooting, they would have trotted it out for a photo op and have a round count. But hey, that's just me. I think that everyone that has paid these outrageous prices will have a funny look on their faces when the prices get back to normal. For now, I'll just have to be happy with an old sks with detachable mag and wait them out.

As a side note, I am thinking of suing someone over this whole debacle. My wife tells me to just breath and calm down everytime that I get on the internet or watch the news lol. I think that the grounds could be causing a public panic, no availability of the desired firearms or ammo and price gouging.

John

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Relax and remember from Its A Wonderful Life, Potter didn't panic and neither did George Bailey. Weather the storm and let all the folks silly enough to buy at panic prices sell 6 months to 1 year later for half of what they paid for a rifle, when they need the money, and you can still buy rifles. Politics will eventually change to correct the errors. Once enough voters decide to show up at the polls.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I do not think things will ever go back. With the anti gun stuff, I am sure there will be laws made that will affect our sport forever. What it looks like, I cannot say, but just like seeing all the model 12's disappear, everything will soon be different.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I agree with Leo. I think this time things have changed for good. I'm not saying some aspects won't return but this time it could have permanent consequences. I hope I'm very wrong and would gladly admit it if all returns to normal. Mark my words and call me on it please.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Not until the "sheep" senior citizens, for example see some of the posters on this board, get their panties out of a knot and stop hoarding & breathlessly encouraging others to do the same.

But you have the right idea...get your popcorn, watch, and wait. The idiots who paid too much will look like, well, idiots in a couple years, and will be on here, posting outrageously-priced stuff while the rest of us pick fun at them. It will be fun watching & waiting. Their heirs may live to get their paid-price out of them, but they probably won't.

6. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I paid $800 dollars for a rifle yesterday, its worth $800. Id say rifle prices are still ok and will be...... But this rifle isnt black, so there is no racial profiling on this rifle.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sometimes, i wonder if it is really that bad.

When I started trap shooting in 1971, a box of AA shells cost $3.50 a box. According to a price inflation calculator, that box in 2011 would be $19.17 and a bag of shot which was $6.00 is $32.86.

When I bought my first bolt action 30-06 for $150.00, also in 1971, the inflation caculator places that same purchase at $821.52 now 40 years later.

8. oz

oz Active Member

price and availability came back after the last frenzy.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bangalore,

1. Place paper bag over nose and mouth.

2. Breathe normally.

3. Please adjust your own mask, before attempting to help the passenger next to you. Average "Buy It!" Ed sounds like he could use some assistance...(he's the one sitting on the Ammo Crate).

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Not as long as liberal progressives control Washington & your States. The reality of it, they see gun owners as a threat and must be controlled. It's not gun control, it's control over you, the citizen. The Obamacare Bill has done just the opposite of what was sold to the public; that to is about conrol; i.e., control and distribution of your healthcare. Again, it's all about control. Read New Hampshire's license plates "Live free or die". What does that mean to you? You're about to find out. If you're over, say 50, your America is done. We are a in a downward spiral of debt, new normals that our parents would have never tolerated, loss of rights, moving toward a welfare country, moral decay, and the list goes on and on. Believe it or not I'm an optimist. BT100dc
    P.S. Lead prices hit $1.08 per pound today.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep, when Americans quit voting for just two Party's and vote for "Ideology" instead.

Go Tea or Libertarian or Constitutional party's.

The two party system is broken and can't be fixed.

A Democratic system is a two party runs it all.

A Representative Republic is "For the People, By the People, OF the People"

Its NOT a Good ole Boys Club, which we have NOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.