1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will new Beretta 692 best old DT-10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mad_dawg, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

Will the next generation 692 with longer forcing cones, wider receiver, and other tweaks, best the older DT-10? Will it put downward pressure on DT-10 prices as people look to move to the new platform? Would you gamble with buying a used DT-10 now and maybe miss out on more gun in the 692 at what will probably be a similar price point for a NEW gun. I know the 692s aren't here, but I always seem to get caught in the last best wave, when the next best wave breaks. What are your thoughts?

Matt

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

692 and DT-10 are two different actions. Like comparing a Harley to a Corvette.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Not a chance...I dont even think the new gun will best the 682..which is pretty much unbeatable

4. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

The DT-10's are a lot more gun than any of the 680 series guns. Sight unseen, you can only guess about newer versions. My guess is that I would still prefer a good, clean DT-10 over a new improved 680 series gun.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

A inexpensive DT 10 would be my choice or a Ase 90 even better like everyone in business making a gun for a price range has forced the quality to shrink just look at the safety selector on a old 680 compared to a new Onyx or 682E DT all the way

6. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

In Australia the DT 10 wasn't well received at all. Too many malfunctions and I think everyone expected it to be a reborn ASE90. The DT 10 prices dropped by 3 grand a pop once the DT11 was released to clear the old stock, and a DT10 EELL went from $22,500 to $15,000 in 6 months.

The DT 11 is just starting to try and recoupe some of the disgruntled Beretta fans but they are all disgruntled with the DT10 everyone hasn't taken to them much either.

The 692 will try and take the lower level (682 gold E) market and in my opinion be far more successful that either of the DT models. It will have a lot to live up to if it is to be as popular as the original 682 as their build quality on most of their medium budget guns seems to be a lot worse now than 15 yrs ago.

In my opinion The silver pigeon (687 etc) series have devalued the original 682 series actions badly because you can't build a decent brand new trap gun for 2 grand. They looked the same but were rubbish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
692 vs dt10
beretta 682 gold e versus 692

beretta 692 vs dt10

beretta dt10 for sale
beretta dt10 or 692
beretta dt10 vs 692
dt10 sporting vs 692

dt10 vs 692