1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WILL MY GUN EVER GONNA SHOW UP OR DID USPS LOOSE ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dds4horse, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I bought a gun on gun brokers last week paid for it and the place was shipping it to my FFL. The guy sent me the tracking # on tuesday and it was shipped from Virginia on the 4th of May and when I checked tuesday night it was at the sort facility in Greensboro NC on the 7th with expected delivery on the 9th. Since then there has been no change of location or nothing like it was scanned in NC and thats it didn't leave. Has anyone had any problems like this? I really can't do anything because I am not the shipper or the reciever however I am the owner. I just am afraid I am the one who suffers. It is insured but who knows how long a claim like this might take.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I thought this only happened to UPS!

3. 682b

682b Member

Several years ago I found a very clean 20 ga Sa standard weight 1100 for 300.00 in a pawn shop in Mississippi. The broker sent me the tracking info. It
    tracked to the front door of a hub and it never was Sean again. It did not take very long for the broker to pay me back my money. Clearly he did not do anything wrong just UPS hired the wrong guy. It only cost me the great deal on the gun. I ended up buying a Sb for more money but the wood was nicely figured. Good Luck. Jim

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I do not know when the gun will be delivered. but usually in this situation the gun is currently near your front door and probably with the carrier. But when USPS is short handed or the carrier stressed for time the gun can sit in his possession. I think it is accurate that they show the gun near original location till it is actually delivered. FedEx and UPS seem more user friendly in a case like this. the best thing to do is to put some heavy pressure on your local PO and see what happens.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The information on the tracking report is updated ONLY if the facilities and people that handle the package take the time to scan it as it passes through their facilities.

I've sent packages cross country that eventually showed 11 or 12 entries on the tracking report and I've sent some to the same destinations that showed only the pickup and the delivery entries.

If all else fails contact the postmaster at the point where the package entered the USPS system and ask for their help.

Keller

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I thought I'd had a similar instance only to find it was sitting in the PO on my end waiting for a pick up. That's when it got it's final scanning, there was nothing inbetween.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

USPS "tracking" is not UPS tracking. Most times it's delivered before anything shows up in the tracking. Hopefully that's what's happening with your stuff. Good luck.

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Good luck !

I sent a "Priority" out from South Carolina to NY on a Monday..Told it would be delivered Thursday in Rochester.

Tracking told me it was received in Columbia, SC at 7:30 PM Monday. Left the facility in Columbia FRIDAY at 7 AM...Delivered in Rochester, NY Saturday...

Spoke with customer service for the PO and was advised they are looking into just such problems with an investigation in Washington..Well a letter (Snail Mail) and Email to Postmaster General who supposedly ordered this investigation, got us a nice lady who apparently was a staff member for PMG Donahugh who had lots of excuses and appologizes.

Told to not rely on Priority to get there on time..

3 more horror stories with the PO since the beginning of the year...

No wonder they are going broke...

9. WJN

WJN TS Member

I agree with others. USPS tracking isn't very up to date once they get it in hand. Sometimes it shows up early - sometimes late - but I rarely see an update after they get it in their facilities.

Jim

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

All these problems is why I only sell face to face on all gun related sales.

11. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I get stuff from Whiz White via USPS to PA, next day. Here's something that amazed me, though. I decided to replace my old Seiko and shopped AMAZON for best price/no tax & free shipping. Look at how FedEx does it, times are for the location.

May 9, 2012 11:48:00 AM Fairfield PA US Delivered

May 9, 2012 08:36:00 AM York PA US Out for delivery

May 9, 2012 08:22:00 AM York PA US Arrival Scan

May 9, 2012 07:21:00 AM Middletown PA US Arrival Scan

May 9, 2012 04:38:00 AM Memphis TN US Departure Scan

May 9, 2012 02:09:00 AM Memphis TN US Completed customs clearance process

May 9, 2012 02:05:00 AM Sennan-Shi JP Arrival Scan

May 9, 2012 12:11:00 AM Memphis TN US Arrival Scan

May 8, 2012 05:17:00 PM SINGAPORE SG Arrival Scan

May 8, 2012 03:43:00 PM SINGAPORE SG Departure Scan

May 8, 2012 02:42:00 PM SINGAPORE SG Shipment received by carrier

May 7, 2012 06:15:39 AM --- Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

They lost this one that I shipped
    gunfitter_2008_0303_1330.jpg

If anyone sees it there is a reward!

Joe Goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.