1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will I have to adjust the comb?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

If I lower the recoil pad with an adjuster to get more upright head position, will I have to adjust the comb again?

Thanks
    Dave

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

No - if the pad adjuster does not change the location of the gun's rear sight (your eye) in relation to the front sight.

Ed

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

DaveXT,

I do not think that lowering your recoil pad, and raising your comb are the same thing.

Ron Burdick

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Go to the pattern board and find out. When I did what you are describing, it changed my POI a ton.

JK

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

When I lowered my pad I was able to shoot with my head in a more upright position. This allowed me to get down on the comb lower and therefore lowered my point of impact. I had to raise my comb to compensate for the change. This is just my experience. Your mileage might vary.

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

All of the adjustments you make to your stock interact. On the surface it would seem that changing the pad height (Drop at Heel) wouldn't change the POI. However, when you look closer you will see that it can.

With your head more erect, do you have the same anchor point? If not, you've changed the POI.

Your cheekbone is not flat. As you tilt your head forward or back, you will change your POI.

Is your comb flat or angled? If it's angled, changing your pad height will definitely change your POI.

Do you have to tilt your head a little with the current pad location? With a more upright head position, your eye will move laterally a little.

You tell us, do you think you'll need to adjust the comb?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.