1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will he looooose his CCW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kgp912kgp, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

http://local.msn.com/travel/walt-disney-gun

Updated

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

Not up on FL law, but in KY I believe that all a place can do is ask you to leave. For instance, if you walk into a grocery store carrying concealed and someone notices, the manager can ask you to leave the store, but that is the extent of it. Disney policy may not allow weapons, but I doubt there are laws in place legally prohibiting it. Now, if he was carrying in a school, that would be a different matter.

3. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Wait, He left it unattended. I am not questioning if he should have carried onto the park grounds. Heck if we can carry we should be able to carry anywhere. I carry but I would not expect most kids to know what to do with it if I unintentionally left my firearm on a bus or on the sh!tter at the local Quick E Market. Just seems to be a bit of a careless mistake but could have been bad. I do not want some Joe carrying and not know that it is not on his person anymore.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I believe he may lose his ccw--because he did have secure custody of his firearm. I have a Fl. ccw & I don't know or remember all the ins or outs. But you are responsible for control of the firearm on your person.

Phil Berkowitz

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

He should loose it, period. He is not a responsible person.

6. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

kgp912kgp

"Heck if we can carry we should be able to carry anywhere."

Does that mean that you do not believe that an owner of private property should not have the right to refuse entrance to to CCW holder?

And yes, at the very least, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances, the guy should lose his right to carry and maybe more.

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I would probably turn around and leave if I was not permitted to enter.A property owner does have the right to refuse entry if they like that is their choice. I would expect the same from those of you that carry and were asked or told not to come if you are carrying. Just my beliefs. But this discussion is for a different tread.

The point/question of this thread is what will happen to this fellow that just let his pistol lay on a ride unattended.

8. Avatar

I recently read someplace about a guy losing his CCW after a kid found his loaded gun on a movie theater seat. People who carry need to do so in a secure manner, with a proper holster, or this can easily happen.

I don't see that more punishment is justified. Sure, if a kid had shot himself or someone else, the gun owner might be facing manslaughter. But, fortunately, no one was hurt.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Meanwhile 27 people were killed by drunk drivers.

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

jhoward---you are correct. Ky law states that a property owner can ask you to leave and if you refuse to do so you may be charged with trespassing.

11. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

This person should indeed lose their Concealed Carry permit. Weapon retention is SO important to the safety of carry.

Also, as a big fan of the MOUSE, I note that this DID NOT happen at Magic Kingdom. Entrance at Magic Kingdom requires passing through a magnetometer and having your personal effects X-Ray'd - similar to an airport (not an endorsement of airport security).

jh

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Do you people not understand that the word is "lose" not "loose." Loose is the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win,

13. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

So, if a cop lost his gun, it would be ok? Or should he lose, (or is it loose), his right to carry?

GneJ

14. Avatar

Of course it's not ok for a cop to lose his gun through carelessness, either; but he is forced by his job to carry it, so a slightly different situation. No great harm if no one hurt, although non-cop might lose his CCW and cop would be disciplined. Still, if, say, a kid picked up the cop's gun and killed himself handling it, yes, I would say the cop should face criminal charges of some kind the same as anyone else--one law for everyone, saints and sinners alike...

15. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

dickgtax,

Thanks for the clarification. I updated my title to reflect what I really meant to say. Sounds even better now...

Yes he will LOOOOOOSE his CCW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.