1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will ATA break lease early with IL. ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brudford, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

Several friends attended the Grande this year all were from PA. They stated
    that they made it a point to look for PA license plates and shooters from
    PA,found very few ! 100 degree plus temps. 8-9 hr. drive.Remember the majority
    of shooters are from PA, Oh , New York and WV. How long before ATA breaks their lease with the World Shooting Complex ? If you get a chance check out
    the Ohio state Trapshooting Associations home page and look at the picture of their homegrounds.Beautiful green grass, trees for shade. As I understand
    the place used to be a campground and the owner is going to expand again
    great place for the future Grande.

2. metroman

metroman TS Member

Did you notice all of the plates that were from Indiana west? You east coast liberals with your negative attitude are too self-serving loosen up. This is Mid-America the middle of this great land. You have never shot at a better facility because there is none better. If you need shade bring an umbrella like Micheal Jackson does. Maybe we can get one of the Wisconsin shooters to bring down some cheese for you to go with the wine you constantly have. If you don't like it get over it there are plenty of new shooters that are thrilled that they get to shoot the Grand in the best facility in America. The majority of shooters use to be from Ohio east but now they are from Indiana west. It is a lot tuffer now. If you don't like Sparta and 100 deg. and an 8 hour drive maybe they could move the Grand to Las Vegas with 110 deg. and a 20 hr drive. The answer to your question of Will ATA break lease early with IL? is NO WAY

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Trolling? He's trying to chum the water, and ain't doing a very good job at it.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As Metroman put it: "The answer to your question of Will ATA break lease early with IL? is NO WAY."

Not only has it never been discussed; it's never even been thought of. The home of the Grand American is Sparta.

Neil

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Maybe Neil is out of the loop!!

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

bruford you are now an official member of the Whiners and Bitchers club. By the way check out how hot it was in Marengo the same week and after.

Don

7. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Brudford,

When push came to shove on this issue there were only two viable offers for consideration. Sparta Illinois and Amarillo Texas. While no one wanted to see the Grand moved from Ohio, it was made clear early on that the BOD was NOT going to approve Amarillo under any circumstances as long as there was another choice. That left Sparta. The end result is that there would have been no Grand American for the past 2 years if not for the state of Illinois standing tall and making good on its promise. That is the nuts and bolts of it up to now.

Will there be an early departure? I don't think so. Will there reconsideration after 10 years have passed? I would certainly assume that to be the case. The new Ohio facility is awesome to be sure and I am just as sure they are expanding and planning to make a move to recapture the Grand and establish itself as the NEW ATA homegrounds. Only time will tell if that comes to pass. But as good as it is now at the new place in Ohio and regardless of how much better it might get, Ohio did very little if anything at all to keep things there. Illinois did what was necessary and that is that.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Last time I looked the sky was still in one piece.'

HM

9. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I was told they are negotiating an extension

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

And when I was at the Keystone Open I was told that they had just purchased another 500 acers and the Grand would move to Ellysburg...

Game on!

Ronbo

11. Bubba

Bubba Member

The way trapshooting has declined over the last 5 years, in the future the Grand may just be held at your local 4 trap club.

12. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Everyone,'
    '
    Read bubbas reply. He has the most sound opinion yet. The sport and number of participants continues to decline. If gas prices and the cost of related items continues to rise as it has over the past 2 years, who knows where this sport will be in the near future?

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA entered into an agreement (lease) with the State of Illinois and at this point in time its not to either sides advantage to brake or modify the lease which as stated long ago was for 10 years ... There are a lot of people who feel and believe that Sparta will be the Grand Americans final resting place and that may or may not be the case being as only time will tell ... There are to many other factors that have to be taken into consideration before that can be determined but if cost keeps going up to get there and travel back and forth once you get there that may be one of the straws that might weaken the Camels back ... There is also the problem with the ATA not having any place else to go to if they would or could break the lease in Illinois at any time in the near future ... The ATA is stuck with Illinois and so the story goes and Bubba might be a lot closer to right than a lot of people think ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Wake UP, Smell the coffee, listen-up... The Grand ain''t EVER coming back to Ohio. Get over it. This is worth repeating- "NEVER"

Larry

15. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

With what the ATA has done in the past I would not put it past them to do so. But one thing would stop them in their tracks. All that land they bought before the deal was made for the Grand.

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

The future costs will pretty much determine participation nomatter where it is located. For those of you complaining about your long drive remember that when it was in Vandalia others had to drive further. Now it's your turn!

The Grand's not going anywhere else so get used to it. It'll take time to get things done like shade trees etc. but your grandkids will appreciate it someday.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Gargle; You are right they can't move until the BOD sells the land they stole or were given. I did notice the for sale signs but they looked like local ownership, but you know how the BOD lies, it was just a smoke screen.

Don

Do you look under the bed at night looking for monsters and boogie men because you are one screwed up mess.

18. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Anybody who spells The Grand with an "e" is a troll. I spotted that right off. LOL!

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Or a mexican.

20. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Bubba & Bobby Ward have it partially right, the next shoe will fall when the Dems take over the White House and both houses of Congress. Hate to say it but shooting may well be a dying sport cause we spend a lot of time making fun of other shooting sports. The real enemy hates guns and those who own and use guns and from the threads I read here they are a lot smarter, and they are unified. Hope I'm wrong!
    ftlupton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.