1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will an 1100 link fit an 11-87

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gus, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus

gus Member

I have both an 1100 and 11-87 and wanted to get a bolt link in case of breakage. I hear that's the part that breaks the most. Will the same one fit both guns or are they different parts ? Where is the best place to get one ? Thanks, Happy New Year.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Yes,it's the same part. Remington.

Happy New Year,

Ajax

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Should be the same. If not, there's a few 11-87s in trouble where I've installed the 1100 link. I buy mine directly from Remington. Midwayusa or Brownell's usually carries them also. If you are in a bind for one, try a local Gander Mountain. They usually stock them in the Gunsmith dept, but they will charge a little more. The difference will usually be less than shipping.

4. mag410

mag410 Active Member

They usually break where the tip of the leg enters the follower. In an emergency you can get by for a while by breaking the broken leg off as close to the front as possible. It is a bit tricky getting everything back together, but once assembled it will work. I have saved several dove shoots for folks this way.

Michael Goines

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Especially when the rails in the receiver are worn sharp an razors. Ouch!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

11-87 link