1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will America build normal houses?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ansvel, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansvel

ansvel Member

Have a look to this picture.
    All made of thin wood, paper and some other crap.
    What do you expect then?

130521132055-12-ok-tornado-0521-horizontal-gallery.jpg

2. ansvel

ansvel Member

My comment can prevent disasters in future if houses will build using normal materials.

3. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

What exactly are Normal materials?

4. Argentina

Argentina TS Member

Apparently you do not live in the USA, and are trying to express that you and the country you live in are much more intelligent than the citizens of the USA. Maybe you are and maybe you aren't....but I lean to the "You Aren't".

What I can tell from your post is that you are a very insensitive SOB. I'm really surprised that you didn't say that those poor folks should have expected this outcome living the way they did.

You should be thinking that there but for the grace of God go I.........

Someday you will answer to God for your arrogant attitude.

Juston Trimback
    Pittsview AL. USA

Feel free to come and visit me so that we can discuss your views in person anytime.

5. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Curious how Mr Maury feels about this use of his copyrighted photo.

Tim

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You have no clue do you ansvel,,,,,,,do you expect their houses to look like storm shelters?????

C'mon show your knowledge of ANY home that can come through 200+ mph winds unscathed,,,,,,,I'll grab some popcorn and wait.....

7. ansvel

ansvel Member

Normal materials means houses should be make of solid bricks and/or blocks... and no ugly siding at least. But your mafia intoduced you this crap for fantastic $$$.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've seen reinforced concrete masonry unit built buildings go down in an f3 tornado, this one that hit OK yesterday was an EF5. The only place safe from something like that is underground, then you gotta hope the storm doesn't drop a semi or another building on top of you.

9. ansvel

ansvel Member

Argentina
    As of today many people already paid for your arrogant attitude.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I heard 317mph on the news today. The tornado actually pulled the grass out of the ground. I'm a CWI / structural inspector. The enemy of a structure in this case is uplift. So tell me ansvel, what type of home would you design that would be affordable to most and still survive an F5???????????

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Authorities are saying the energy unleashed on the town exceeded that of the atomic bomb used on Hiroshima.

Do you really think it's possible to make an affordable home that will survive that?

I see you live in Markham, a suburb of Ontario, Canada.

All the houses there seem to be built of brick. Good luck with them in an earthquake. And they likely would have suffered heavy damage in this tornado. Even well constructed schools did not survive.

And mafia? You got anything to back that up?

12. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Even a brick or concrete structure needs a roof. What kind of roof would you suggest? Mind you this tornado pulled up streets so what kind of streets should us stupid Americans put in?

13. Brian in Oregon

You've heard of the phrase "Ugly American"? Meet an "Ugly Canadian".

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Part of the EF rating used is based on how far the winds would throw a normal car. EF5 is one mile.

A reinforced concrete roof "might" withstand the winds, but debris or download from debris exceeding snowload may cause collapse.

OK Mr. Structural engineer, tell us how you deal with that with out spending $300 a square foot?

Current residential averages $135/sf with today's inflated material costs. Yes "INFLATED"...a word (inflation) our media and gubmit refuses to use.

Buy any food, gas, raw materials lately?

15. Brian in Oregon

LOL, get this...

For Markham, Ontario, Canada: "The average selling price of a home is slightly up to $599,582..."

That's $617,510 US.

The average home price in Moore, Oklahoma is $118,250 US.

16. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

The only reason there was not more devastation, and it is horrific, is that homes in Oklahoma are built to standards to withstand significant wind damage. But an F5 tornado???? You have no common sense at all if you believe a home can reasonably be built that can hold up to that amount of force. Sod and pavement were ripped from the ground!!! Show me a house that can hold up to that.

I have driven through Moore dozens of times. These were not shoddily built homes.

Tom

17. ansvel

ansvel Member

Well guys, I live in the same shity house like you do, because I do not have any choices.
    And I feel sorry for all these people who lost their lifes.. but I belive that houses can be improve a lot.
    I see many people prefer cheap stuff over quality.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Got it all figured out he does.

And WTF is this silliness???

"But your mafia intoduced you this crap for fantastic $$$."

19. ansvel

ansvel Member

Brian in Oregon

What was your best in math at school D or C?

US>CAN then $599,582CAD = 583,932US

20. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Ansvel - You live in an English speaking country now.... go get some education in the correct usage of our language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.