1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will a optima barrel fit a beretta 682 gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Looking to put together a skeet gun.....have a 682 gold with Mobil choked barrel---- can the barrel we swapped out for a optima bore barrel

2. dessivanov

dessivanov Member

I have done that and did not require fitting by a gunsmith, however,i did have to fit one of the ejectors but it was not a big deal. In short, an Optima barrel will fit on an older receiver but if you are not lucky, it might require fitting from a gunsmith. One thing to consider is the fact that Mobile Choke barrels are heavier than Optima. Good luck.

Dess

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

My 682 Gold has an optima barrel. The barrel and the receiver are two different years so I do not think the factory sent it that way. No worries.

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

Yes, I use that combination and everything worked out great. Probably just gor lucky, but no adjustments were needed.

Wayne

5. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Whats wrong with a Mobil choked gun ?

I have an Optima 682 gold E and a fixed choke matte finished top single fit it and worked beautifully so the obverse must also be true in my case.

Your case, may vary. I had researched the topic prior to my bbl purchase and found many said tolerances were close on barrels.

regards

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Thank you very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

betetta fitting a 682e barrell into an older 682 action

fitting a trap barrel to beretta 682