1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Will a MX-10 stock fit a MX-3 standard?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nutso, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nutso

Nutso Member

Will a MX-10 stock fit a MX-3 standard? And yes my MX-3 has a drop out trigger.
  2. ramorton

ramorton Member

No, round monoblock on MX3. Roy
  3. JACK

JACK Active Member

Yes it will. Likely the stock will be too high, But the inletting will be the saem.
  4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Unless your MX-3 is an MX 3 special it will not fit perfectly. I did put an MX-3 stock on an MX 8 and the bottom and grip did not mate well.
  5. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, fixed trigger stocks fit fixed trigger guns, and removable trigger stocks fit removable trigger guns. Round vs square monoblock has no effect on stock fit.

To sum it up, fixed vs removable trigger determines stock fit, round vs square monoblock determines barrel fit, and type/generation of gun determines forend/iron fit.
  6. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I routinely use mx3 stocks on my mx8, mx15, or mx2000. An mx10 stock will also interchange with the models listed. Comb height will be a problem as the mx10 rib is higher than an mx3 rib.
  7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Active Member

Mx3 stocks have a rounded edge...where it meets receiver edge..Thus, Mx3 stocks on Mx8 style Sq. reciever's leave the sq. edge exposed..Not A Good Fit.
    MX8 stocks on MX3 action's.. the sq.edged wood covers the rounded edge of reciever..An Acceptable Condition by Most Shooter's.
    Not All ..Removable trigger actions and wood set are interchangeable..By the Average Shooter...Type and Date have ALOT to do with Inletting...ALL Can be Changed..in the Hands of Right Wood Smith.
    Not ALL Fixed Trigger Models are the Same for the same Reasons...Currently working a MT6..fixed trigger action..with fixed trigger MX2000s stock...NOT EVEN CLOSE..Much to My Disappointment..Work in Progress,and Not for the Faint at Heart. Shoot Well..Shoot Often,with Good Friends,Bart
  8. Nutso

Nutso Member

Thanks Bart, that is the most conclusive answer I've seen on the subject of MX stock fit.

I having a stock made rather than purchasing a used stock--its the best way to go for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.