1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will a kick EZ pad hurt my MX200 finnish

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I am starting to like these kick EZ cheek pads and they say don't put on an oil finish. I have sco wood I don't want to distroy it but I don't see how it could hurt.I'm not sure I have an oil finish or not either.
    Monty

2. pjh

pjh Member

humm? this site never stops to surprise me..

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

OK, a serious answer although I am laughing a bit. They are referring to not putting oil on the pad itself. Oil the gun not the pad. You have a polyurethane finish on the gun.

A new pad, installed properly, will not hurt the gun.

4. romie

romie Active Member

Jerry thank you for the answer.Trap and guns are not my life although I strive to be a know it all like pjh and chump II.I love a peckawood that is a know it all.We need more of them.
    Monty

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is quite possible that if you mount a Kick EZ pad so that the soft rubber like material is against the wood and the black plastic partition mounts against your shoulder, it could hurt something.

Pat Ireland

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i believe this gentleman is speaking of the stick on comb raising pads, not recoil pads...

7. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

recoil pads on the gun don't do much. use a good shooting coat or vest with a thick pad. (some of the best guns had only checkering on the butt with no pad)

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Do it right and have an ajustable comb cut.
    You guys are dumber than a bag of hammers.

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

The owner said he "didn't know"...A "fitting" would be better though.

10. romie

romie Active Member

BrownK80 I think I agree with you.I have started using them to adjust the comb I also like how they soften the kick on the cheek.I am pretty dumb when It comes to guns I thought I had a lindseed oil finish found out today that it won't hurt the finish but leave glue in the grain of an oil finish.I have stuck these pads on two SO Berettas' that one is a little older that might be a problem I unless polyurethane was around in the 50's.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.