1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Will 870 competition forearm fit on a TB or TC?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapstar1, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapstar1

trapstar1 TS Member

Will an 870 competition forearm fit on a TB or TC regular forearm slide?

Thanks

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Yes it will. Make sure that it is on properly as it will wear the blueing off the reciever where the forearm rubs it. You will need a tool with at least 41/2"'s of reach in order to get to the nut.

ec90t

3. trapstar1

trapstar1 TS Member

I've got a long reach 870 forearm tool that should do the trick. Just wanted to make sure that it will fit before buying it.

Will the front of the forearm be past the mag tube cap when it is fully forward?

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

trapstar1,

My fault, I used the Comp iron as well. I don't know if it will fit using the standard 870 iron. Sorry about the miss info.

ec90t

5. trapstar1

trapstar1 TS Member

That's what I was thinking, the standard iron would be too short for the forearm.

Thanks for the info!

T

6. 333t

333t Member

The long Competition forend wood can be used on a regular 870 but you will need a metal spacer to make up for the shorter length of the forend tube on the Competition model. The spacer should be made of about 3/32 inch wall tubing that slide fits over the forend tube and inside the forend wood.

Dimensions of the spacer are:

ID 1.0",
    OD 1.25",
    length 3.425"

To install, the forend metal/action bars go in first, then the spacer, then the locking nut.

Phil

7. trapstar1

trapstar1 TS Member

Makes sense. Thanks for the dimensions and info Phil.....

Captain...I may be interested in the iron. I'll contact you soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.