1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkinson

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jawhawker, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

stubs, Tommy has done alot of barrels and he is the most noted barrelsmith in trapshooting. As such, dealers and sellers believe it to be a "selling_point" of the gun when listing the fact.

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

It says that the barrel has been modified. I have 3 of his bbls. They DO perform way better than the unmodified bbl. Each bbl is worked to the shooters spec(POI,ammo used,pattern % etc)and thus it may not be what you want but most certainly will do better than a factory bbl. And most probably will shoot to the center vertically. I for one have a lot more confidence in buying a gun with a Tom Wilkinson bbl.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It's like leather interior for a car. A desireable option.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

stubs, the Wilkinson stamp on a barrel or set of barrels doesn't mean anything to you directly. As Run Gun says, it means the barrels have been modified. To many on this forum it means the barrels are now worth 40% of what they would be worth if they had not been touched. Others on this thread have said they consider the barrels worth a premium. Neither is absolutely true.

A barrel smith cannot improve an already good barrel. Any competent barrel smith can improve a bad barrel. Since you specifically asked about Wilkinson, I'll say the following. You can pretty much rest assured you will get wonderful patterns at the distances the previous owner told Wilkinson (or Allor or Eyster) to choke for. If those distances happen to match your shot timing, you are more than good to go. In fact, you are ahead of the game. If they don't, then it is just someone else's barrel that you have to adjust to.

Everyone who has had barrel work done has a receipt that also says what has been done. If you call Tom Wilkinson and give him a serial number, he will be able to tell you what was requested, and what was delivered. You can ask his opinion on whether that matches your shooting style or not.

5. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

nice comments from ZZ Top, the same guy who ripped Tom a new one last week.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I ripped Tom for his attitude and his business practice, not the quality of his work. Try reading AND comprehending next time.

7. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

I don't think so ZZ Top. My comprehension is just fine. You are the one with the attitude.

Try staying on your medication next time. It was all those years of loud guitar music without the hearing protection, huh?

And send Tom back the payment for the trigger work he did for you.

8. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Actually it was Wilkerson....

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

So Dynapro sounds you have some kind of man love thing going with Tom? Not that it's a bad thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.