1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkinson chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MDMike, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I believe my Perazzi has a Wilkinson barrel and chokes. I say this because the barrel has been modified from 18.4 to 18.5 and the choke tubes are unlike anything I have seen. Could anyone post a picture of a Wilkinson choke tube or tell me how to further Identify if this is a Wilkinson barrel. Thanks, Mike

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Wilkinson has been stamping his choke tubes with his name, the guns serial number, and the constriction. He also usually stamps his initials or name on the barrel.

I brought up an old thread that shows the stamp.

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, first thanks for your reply. I've got a TM 1 that has different choke tubes installed (thin wall) than I have ever seen, the barrel has been restamped 18.5 from what looks like 18.4 (actually, the 4 is overstamped to a 5). The barrel has been ported. So I'm assuming somewhere in this shotgun's history some barrel work has been done and I'm trying to track down what I'm working with. The gun smokes birds and I am currently going through it and wanted to get a couple of more choke tubes. The serial number is 69XX and has a stamping of MAP which I'm not famaliar with. Thanks again, Mike....

4. plux001

plux001 Member

Hi Mike-

I have a couple TM-1's and they all have the "MAP" stamp. It is a Perazzi marking from the factory. If you have anything else you want to compare against my barrels, just PM me.

Paul

5. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

If they are Wilkinsons thin walls they will have no notches on the end and will need a special tool to change them.. The last 4 years that I know of he stamps his name on bottom of barrel.

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, again, thanks all. The search goes on for what I'm working on here. I really like this shotgun. She's coming back together really nice. Again, thanks to all. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wilkerson choke tubes

wilkinson barrel
wilkinson barrels
wilkinson choke

wilkinson choke tubes

wilkinson choke tubes for shotguns

wilkinson chokes

wilkinson shotghns