1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkinson barrel?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PhillyD, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Usually Tom Wilkinson stamps the barrel. If you are buying from a private person, they should or could have paper work on what work he did too it also.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I had my DB-81 single barrel done by Tom Wilkinson and it is stamped "Wilkinson" on the bottom of the mono block. It is my understanding that, if it is not stamped, it has not been done by Wilkinson.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Likewise - my MX-2000 is stamped "Wilkinson" on the botton of the monoblock - cross-ways the mono block and right at the front of it

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Mine too.

5. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

if it is so marked then at least it shows that it has been altered.

6. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

MINE IS ESTERIZED ! KEN did the work ! K-80

Pat Kelley

7. pdq

pdq Member

I have 3 guns with barrels he's done. He stamps his name somewhere on the underside in very small letters, all caps. Better yet if the seller has his invoice from doing the work.

If in doubt, give him a call, as I believe he keeps pretty good records. I've heard too many stories of people claiming that he had done the barrel of the gun they were selling, with no evidence to prove it, so verify before believing.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wilkinson barrel