1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wilkinson barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

a local dealer has a p gun that he says has a tom wilkinson barrel. how can i tell?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The monobloc should be stamped on the bottom or the dealer should have the paperwork. I'm not sure if Mr. Wilkinson keeps files on what barrels he's done or not.

ss

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Should be stamped on the monoblock, although I believe some aren't. Even if it were stamped, I wouldn't trust that alone, anyone with a harbor freight stamp set and a hammer could fake that. I should come with paperwork to verify, barring that, if you contact tom directly with the make model and serial #, he should be able to pull up records of what was done.

4. dss8110

dss8110 Member

The flat part on the under side of the barrel where it goes into the receiver will be stamped Wilkerson.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

It's Wilkinson, not Wilkerson

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. pdq

pdq Member

Why do you care? Many people on this list say it doesn't matter as long as you have so much choke that the pattern is 4" at 40 yards. More choke, more smoke.

Kidding aside, he's done 3 guns for me. When I sold the 2 I was able to include a receipt, plus the barrel was stamped. I suspect that he could also confirm the work if you contacted him with the make & serial number of the gun.

He does beautiful work & is a great guy to work with.

Pete

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Tom files his work by the owner's name, not the serial number, but I would call him anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wilkinson barrel