1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wilkinson barrel addvice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hmb, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

His favorite choke is .034 plus or minus .001. HMB

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

When Tom did the barrel on my DB-81, he backbored it to .742 and choked it to .707, for a .035" choke. I had him choke it for 27 yards using Nitro 27 shells. According to him, this barrel puts 85% of its pattern in a 30" circle at 40 yards. Each barrel will be different, both in back boring and in choking. His goal is to make sure each barrel he works on puts at least 80% of its pattern in a 30" circle at 40 yards. No two barrels will be exactley alike. Just know one thing: If Tom did the barrel work, either barrel is giving you the best it has..... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom has done several barrel's for me and his work is outstanding. I just sent my new MX2000/10 top single barrel to him. He set it up at .741 with a .707 choke. This gun smokes targets like I have never seen before. I would highly recommend Tom for any barrel work. He also has other modifications you might want to look into. Hope this helps, Roy

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes, he keeps records. Call him and ask him what you need to know. He will be of help for anything. Roy

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Stubs... The .040 barrel might also have been set up for a "games" barrel to shoot Annie Oakleys, backers, meat shoots, etc. from longer yardage perhaps?... Dan

6. pdq

pdq Member

An alternative.

Buy whichever length you prefer and then send it to Tom for choke tubes. After buying my Silver Seitz, I sent him the barrel and he made them for my gun in .20, .25, .30, and .35. Then then arrive housed in a very good looking case with a very stout tube tool. Excellent work.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.