1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkenson Choke Tubes vs ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I was needing to know if these updated choke tubes really make a differance or is it just a money racket, I have heard of Wilkenson or Briley but don't know much about either one, before I buy one for my Kolar I would like to here your comments ....... Blake

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They are both excellent and worth what you pay. I like Stu Wrights better but it is just my choice

3. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Why in the world buy from Briley, Wilkenson, etc. when Kolar Tubes are outstanding and are made for your gun, no compromises?

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The only tubes That I've seen shot in a Kolar that are better than what is supplied, is Comp-N-Chokes. The absolutely destoy targets from any range!

ec90t

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Wilkinson choke tubes use the same profile he cuts into fixed choke barrels. The only difference is his choke tubes require a .740 bore. No exceptions.

If you are unhappy with the way your Kolar barrel or chokes pattern, he can fix what you have for $400 per bore.

If you don't have a problem and are just wanting to experiment, try a Stu Wright choke.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

BLAKE Your not going to just buy one from Wilkinson . His choke tubes are fit to the barrel and the barrel is fit to the tube . So you see your Kolar tubes will no longer fit in your Kolar .

Wilkinson choke tubes are far from a Briley tube . I have had Wilkinson tubes in three barrels and fit is tops . A Wilkinson tube will stay clean on the out side because they fit so no real cleaning or sticking in the barrel .

You have very good choke tubes now .

ALF

7. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Where do you buy these Stu Wright Chokes?

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

wrights gunsmithing on the web

http://www.wrightsgunsmiths.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
wilkenson choke tubes

wilkinson vs briley