1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildlife activists attacking Palin

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by short shucker, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This is part of an email that is being circulated by the animal activist. The only part I left out were a couple of photo's.

Dear Friend,

Can you believe it?

Discovery Communications -- the parent company of The Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, TLC and others, and known for their wildlife-focused programs -- is planning to produce an 8-part TV show on Sarah Palin’s Alaska!

Discovery says it regards Palin as being “one of [Alaska’s] proudest daughters.”

Never mind that the former governor was an unabashed champion of Alaska’s brutal and bloody aerial wolf-slaughter program. According to reports, she’ll earn about $1 million per episode from the nature-focused series.

Act now: Send a powerful message to Discovery Communications expressing your outrage at their action and urging them to drop Sarah Palin’s new show from their programming schedule.

Sarah Palin’s Alaska is a “reality TV” show that aims to showcase the “powerful beauty of Alaska,” according to Discovery’s TLC website.

But the real Sarah Palin’s Alaska is an ugly reality. As governor for only two-and-a-half years, Sarah Palin escalated a bloody aerial wolf-slaughter campaign that continues to this very day. She even planned to offer a $150 bounty for the severed forelimb of each killed wolf.

Palin also fought against increased protections for endangered Cook Inlet beluga whales and America’s dwindling populations of polar bears.

It seems ironic that Sarah Palin will now earn millions hosting a nature show after spending years fighting against Alaska's natural heritage!

Send a message to Discovery Communications -- and let them know that Sarah Palin doesn’t deserve to represent the “powerful beauty of Alaska” in front of millions of people.

It’s surprising that Discovery Communications, parent company of such cable television channels as Animal Planet, The Discovery Channel and TLC -- and known for their stunning wildlife-focused shows -- would chose to embrace such a controversial and anti-wildlife persona as Sarah Palin.

Please join me in calling on Discovery Communications to drop Sarah Palin’s new show.

Sincerely,

Rodger Schlickeisen
    President
    Defenders of Wildlife

ss

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Roger should be the next Grizzly Man.

There is no end to the stream of rabid pukes that have somehow been allowed to be created in the last decade or so. None of which seem to have any common sense, I might add.

Defenders of Wildlife Action fund has been after Palin for a long time.
    Of course, there is a button that says "Donate Now" on their website.

*sigh*

HM

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Oh buckle-up, my friends. If it starts to look like Palin is becoming a serious candidate for President by next year you will begin to see character assasinations that will make this email look like fan mail. Merely the thought of a religious white woman with traditional values who believes in... dare I say it?... gun ownership and hunting rights (gasp!) becoming President will send the liberal "journalist" and left-wing kooks into a tizzy. They will actually work for a change, and spend long hours digging up everything from disgruntled old boyfriends to rumors about mental instability in order to skewer Palin. And if she actually gets nominated by the Republican Party and appears to have a viable chance to win the election, Paul Krugman's head will actually explode.

-Gary

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if Palin runs or not, we must stand behind her as a fellow hunter and gun supporter.

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Like the HSUS, I would imagine that the "Donate Now" button connects directly to Rodger Schlickeisen's personal bank account.

Kiv

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I supports Wild Lifes, party hardy, Wild Week ends, and any other organization that is into wild lifes and partys ... I did all I could to encourage wild lifes and partys when I was younger, I still believe in them but they have to have a cut off time now, never did before ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

If one wants to test their shotgun skills, shoot wolf's and coyotes out of a flying Super Cub airplane. One of my best experiances. Got one on the first dive. Only one shot allowed per dive as the second shot generally will take off the wing strut. When diving ones head is in the roof and when the plane pulls up there is a few G's stuffing one in the floor. What a ride.......

Honestly now---when we took off we picked up a sheep hide out of the field with the tail wheel. That's what we call trolling for coyetes in Idaho.

Trap and Sporting Clays do not hold a candle to this shooting---WOW. Steve

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

These "tree huggers" never give up. They are always trying to save something like the threepeckered Billy Goat or the fournutted flying squirrels. The reason they shoot wolves is pure and simple. They are endangering livestock and Wild Game due to their large population.. We in New York have the same types of problems with Coyotes and Foxes that are raising hell with our Deer. Although there is a hunting season for both, a Real Sportsman will shoot everyone he can get the sights on anytime. Same goes for Red Tail Hawks. Shoot-Shovel-Shutup. I'll be damned sure to call and voice my approval of Sarah Palin's episodes. Larry Evans

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Grilled Spotted Owl is just sooooo good!!

Curt

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

P.E.T.A= prefer eating tasty animals.

11. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

SAVE THE BABY SEALS!!!! (Club a liberal)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.