1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wife protects family with PERAZZI!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

I received a phone call this past Sunday at 10:15am from my wife to the words of "Honey, gun shots by the backyard, and I got the boys inside! The police officer is using the bushes to hide and the bullets are in our direction. What do I do?" Me "get a shotgun out of the safe, get in room far away from the shots!" Wife "the Police helicopter just landed by the backyard and armoured police vehicles just pulled up!" Me "I am on my way home" What happened later was that a Crazy person shot and killed a woman and wounded a man, shot at the police and stated " he will kill others if he does not see a particular person" This CRAZY person later took a hostage and had 11 hour stand-off. My wife took the Perazzi as protection until the Delaware State Troopers could get my family to safety and I had to pick them up at certain location. My question to my wife was, "why the PERAZZI"? It was close and it works!!! PS this later turned out to be a FELON with a gun. Thank GOD my family was/is OK. Mike Sharkey , DC

2. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Whew, thank goodness everyone is okay. A Perazzi as a tactical weapon, perhaps they can tap a new market. But seriously, thank goodness everyone is okay and glad to see the boys in blue did a good job.

3. shark1

shark1 Member

It was the most stress, anxiety, all emotions in one that I ever experienced on a drive back to my house. Mike Sharkey

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I glad to hear all is ok at your place, this is one of the reasons why all in household should know how to use one . I'm glad she was prepared to use it but didn't have to. In a case like that they get in showing a gun or knife -shoot!! Don't reason with them or let them get a step inside from door. know who it is if you don't sorry. Ken U

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Kinda makes me think....I keep all my guns unloaded in he safe with ammo in a different location. Maybe it's worthwhile to keep the old pump in the back of the safe loaded with a few just in case.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

7 1/2 or 8??

Glad all turned out OK in the end for you and yours...

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

This is nothing new. Dick Cheney used a Perazzi 28 Ga to shoot the lawyer. I told Mr. Perazzi at the shot show that he was now making "assault weapons" .... He laughed.

There is also the story of the Bunker shooters going to a Wold Cup in LA who made a wrong turn and ended up in Watts. They said it was quite easy to assemble an MX 8 in the front seat of a rental car.

TB

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Glad to hear your family is safe. Where do you live?

9. shark1

shark1 Member

It was 8's no joke. LOL I live in Greenwood, DE. It is a nice town, believe it or not. Mike Sharkey

10. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

I think that old pump in the back of the safe with a few in the magazine would be a good idea.Dont know what you have ,a Perrozi single??? Id rather have a little back up than just one shot !!!!!!!!!.--Oh,7.1/2s also LOL.

Sandy Holehouse.

11. shark1

shark1 Member

It was a SC1T, Full, Super full,(pigeon). Mike Sharkey.

12. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Google amazes me. See link

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

another article

14. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

When she cut the barrels she left at least 16" I hope.

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Glad to hera the family is safe, and that your wife didn't have to shoot that looney bastard

16. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/3miles/?action=view&current=mossy.jpg" target="_blank"> mossy.jpg </a>

This one sleeps under my bed. Hope I never have to reach for it but if it comes down to "him or us" this should help tip the scales in my favor. And no 8's or 7.5's in this one. 00 buck.

17. thebirdislost

thebirdislost TS Member

That is the first gun that I grab when I get the creeps or something happens. I am a female that shoots a Perazzi, and I have shot it ALOT!! There is no question that I know how the gun works where I will get flustered with Safety's where it shoots, etc.! Best home protection ever. I know many women trapshooters that that is the first gun they grab, because they know it.

18. James.c

James.c Member

all our guns are in a safe. unloaded. except the one under dads bed. LOL

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Single or double barrel? Single barrels don't work too well for more than one perp.

I'm waiting to see a WTB ad for a well used Perazzi barrel so the buyer can cut it down to 18".

20. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

DB Bill , It's 18 inch for shotguns, 16 inch for rifle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.