1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wife is going to be mad!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SanDiegoShooter, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoShooter

SanDiegoShooter TS Member

Well I just bought my second Joel Etchen Trap special. This time an Unsingle. Now I know this is something that falls into the NEED category but how does one convince the wife it falls into the need category? So what have you done in the past to bring a new shotgun home?

Cheers,

Mike

2. tgene

tgene Member

Just tell her that you sold another shotgun to cover the cost. Works everytime. Matter of fact, occassionaly just mention that you sold a firearm even though you didn't. That way you can always come up with, remember that gun I sold awhile back....

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Mike, the important part is to convince her that the new gun only cost $150. If that doesn't work, wrap it in a plain brown wrapper... Or, tell her it fell off the back of a trailer, and the owner can't be found (Hey, it worked in "Goodfellows"!).

<:))>

Best,
    Dennis

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

When I am gone, I just hope my wife don't sell the guns for half of what I told her I gave fot 'em.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You could try my approach, if she protests tell her she has to stay out on the porch fulltime until her attitude improves.

or

Can you sneak it into your gun safe without her notice. After all, does she really have an accurate and up-to-date inventory of your guns?

or

You could tell her you're storing it for a friend who just went into the witness protection program.

Or if you're really brave, just walk in brazenly wielding your new pride and joy Etchen and announce in your most testicular manner the completion of your new purchase. Just be prepared to deftly duck without dropping your new prize as she takes a swing.

Congratulations and good luck. We'll be here for you should you need us.

Guy Babin

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Tell your wife you won it at a VFW raffle.

Lou

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

"That gun? I bought that many years ago, it's been right here ever since (fill in)! Geeez pay attention!"....Bob Dodd

8. strawboss38679

strawboss38679 TS Member

I agree with Bob. Do like they do when they wear a new outfit but say " this old thing"

Nathan

9. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

If you hunt or use it to play the options, then just practice until you can say with the most serious look on your face, "Honey, I am just trying to put food on my family's table." Practice, Practice, Practice

d

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I guess I,m lucky . Every Time I buy a gun my wife has to see it . She shot handguns with me years ago and still loves to see nice guns . Five years or so ago I took her on a trip to a gun shop 200 plus miles one way . On the way home she could not believe I did not buy a gun . She seen three or four nice looking guns and I drove all that way and did,t buy one .

ALF

11. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

In my house, it's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell!' My wife don't ask and I don't tell! It's worked for over twenty years!

LA

12. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Some weeks back I came strolling through the door with my (baby) Kolar TA Combo. My wife said "that’s a nice case you have there for your gun, looks heavy she said. I said thanks and that was the end of the conversation. Then later she said "So, when do you plan on telling me about your new gun?" I started sweating a little then told her the truth and details. She just smiled and said she was happy if I was happy. Man I was scared :eek:) Truth is, she has all the things in life a woman could want or need. I built her, her dream home on the lake with all the fixings so I guess a new Kolar was okay. So even though I was scared the truth always pays off no matter what.

KK

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Tell her the truth, if she is not happy for you, you don't have the right partner. Just remember though that if she brings home a new diamond or something expensive that it has to be a two way street. My wife does not spend anything. She wears clothes with holes in them until I go buy her new stuff. If she came home with anything ( new car, new ring, whatever) I would not say a word because she could never catch up with me.

14. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Equal partnership in your marriage, spend on her what you spend on yourself.
    You will always be found out if you dont tell her the truth sooner or later....it always happens!

15. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

I think the safest thing to do is on the way home from purchasing the gun, make a stop at the nearest jewelry store. ;-)
    -Phantom

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Either live with her and deal with her honestly or go find an attoney because she doesn't deserve your dishonestly. Because if you are lying about this what else are you lying about. You guys joke about it but I have heard to many of you threaten another adult if they "ever lied to you" but you are to willing to lie to your spouses. What great men you are. You may think you are being humorous but I think you would really do it (lie to your spouse).

Lecture is over now go do whatever.

Don

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can replace a gun, your family is a different story

18. flylta

flylta TS Member

I agree with Phantom & 5spd.

If you are not spending on her what you are willing to spend on yourself, why did you marry her in the first place.

My wife encourages me to buy a new gun every few years because I spend more on her and the kids than I ever do on myself.

Ron

19. jalu

jalu Member

If you are as lucky as I am, your wife would surprize you with a Krieghoff.
    Mine did, and to this day I still don't know what I did to deserve it. So I purchased her one and we now shoot together.

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

My wife always tells me to buy two. She says if something goes wrong with the first one you will have a backup. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.