1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wife got her first deer!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The wife came home this evening with the news that she just got here first deer. Dropped it with 1 shot from a 327..........Chevy small block that lives in the engine bay of our restored 1966 El Camino.

No pictures available. El Camino is on a rollback on its way to the body shop for reassembly; the deer (a 200+ pound 6 point) is currently with the farmer down the road awaiting disassembly.

Morgan

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the deer whistles mounted on both of our vehicles. I have seen posts on trapshooters.com that the whistles are useless but many many times I have seen deer that were just about to cross the road in front of me and they stopped and turned around and headed back into the bush. They are not 100% effective but I am convinced that they do work.

3. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

My nephew does body shop work. After he repairs a deer-whistle equipped car that has struck a deer, he always asks the owner if they also want to put the deer-whistle back on. :)

4. dipstick

dipstick TS Member

Not an El Camino!! Next time make her drive the Ford.

Richard

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Lightfoot, That is priceless. Jeff

6. steele

steele TS Member

About 15 years ago, when I was a patrol officer, I responded to a car/deer accident where a guy hit a very nice buck. He was bitching that the deer whistles on his bumper didn't work. I got all the info, called for a tow truck & left. About an hour later I got assigned to another vehicle/deer accident. About 8-10 miles down the road, there sat a tow truck with a huge doe stuffed in the grill. Yep, it was towing to car with the deer whistles!!

7. duke76

duke76 Member

The people that hit deer that have deer whistles on there vehicles must have them installed backwards. hell, they are calling the deer in, no wonder they are hitting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.