1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Widow Question ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ouch, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

I've seen this topic mentioned before and never thought about it affecting me someday, So I would like some advice.

A friend of mines friend passed away and left a large amount of reloading supplys. He was an all around shooter,But most of his components are for shotshells.Alot (most of it) wads.powder, and primers I don't currently use. But I could exsperment?

What should I offer for:

Wads, Hulls, Primers, Shot, Powder ect. ? The widow wants it out of the basement,But doesn't want it to be a "garage sale" of strangers knowing her business and in her house. If I get involved I want to be fair,But I'm not in a position to become a charity. Thankyou! Richard

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would say 50-75% of retail, depending on how useful it is for you, if your taking the whole lot, ect.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me several years ago. When a life long friend passed, I bought everything gun related, gave her a fair price.

If he was a friend, take the whole lot, pay about what Skeet Man said, and sell what you don't use to buds at the club.

She likely wants it ALL out of the house. It helps with closure. She probably needs the extra cash right now.

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I agree with all the above responces . Take it all out of the house for her piece of mind and sell it for her . Use what you can and feel rewarded that he has been a part of your sport in the hereafter .

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I know this is a touchy subject. But make sure your wife knows the real value of your toys. Or put a note to be opened on my death. I know the value of her toys since I bought most of them. I know of a Silver Seitz that was sold at an estate sale for $500.00.

Phil Berkowitz

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Let it be her choice. If she takes your offer, fine. If she wants more than you can give, have suggestions handy (ebay, local classifieds, post at local club etc) and offer to help. But above all make sure she has complete knowledge.

Beware the Tar Baby. I'm in one for over 2 years now.

HM

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Give her 25 bucks and take her out for lunch.

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but, somewhat agree with Buzz on the components. Apparently someone was smart enough to sell the reloader off. Probably sold off the guns or family members walked off with them. Whoever that bought it didn't want the components. Probably not as much there as you are thinking. You don't know how old the stuff is either. Go over, look at it, be fair about it and everyone will be happy. Than again it might be a bunch of Federal stuff and you're a Winchester or Remington type of guy. Don't spin yourself in the ground over it, the stuff is pretty much worthless unless you reload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.