1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WI State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brad patterson, Jun 24, 2013.

1. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

The WI State Shoot is coming up pretty quick. I am calling out all the shooters of WI. WI has a great tradition concerning registered shooting and our state championships. We are consistently right around 5th in country for attendance and numbers that compete. Now is the time to put the past to rest. No more time should be wasted blaming who - what - or where. Regardless of your feelings - positive or negative on the WTA Bod's, the Homegrounds or how we have gotten to this point, let it go. The past is the past and good and bad it makes up our tradition and history. If you are not going to attend the state shoot because it is no longer at the WGC - shame on you ! And vice versa. If the only reason you are now attending the state shoot is because it is at the new homegrounds and not at the WGC - shame on you ! If you are not attending our state shoot to go to some other state shoot, either before or after ours - shame on you ! Will this shoot be different than in the past - yes. Will we have to accept things regarding infrastructure that we never would have settled for at the WGC - yes.

This much I can assure you. There are people bustin' their ass behind the scenes whether it is setting up infrastructure to run the shoot, training an entire new staff of workers, whatever. I've been there, their working hard. Yes there still will be issues, but come and enjoy the shoot and the facility that will become our home as our future becomes our tradition.

So I am calling everyone out. If you live near the WGC and are losing that backyard convienence, step it up and attend. If you wrote how you would attend once a new facility was built and it was no longer at the WGC, time to back up your words and attend. I am challenging our state to have at least a 15% increase in attendance.

This is our state shoot. Attend, join the party, come have a great time, see old friends, make new friends but in the end Just Be There at some point the week of July 16th thru 21st.

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Amen, Brad! I will be there for at least Saturday and Sunday. Work seems to be getting in the way lately which really sucks. Looking forward to seeing you and all others there!

Tim

3. Ear Gems

Ear Gems TS Member

Well said, Brad!
    Ear Gems and the Leadminer will be there and are excited to be involved in the new grounds first shooting event!
    10% off all sales at the GEMS trailer for the WI State Shoot only! (Sorry guys, I cannot offer that discount on the lead however.)
    Nancy vonSeggern

4. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

I joined the ATA again first time in 7 years !

5. jettski25

jettski25 Member

If all the people who bitched about the WGC (not that they actually remember what they were bitching about in first place)over the years actually show up, attendance will be through the roof. 15% increase Brad might be aiming to low.

6. brad patterson

This is not to start a debate, this is a calling out to all the shooters of WI. Lets kick off the homegrounds with a great turnout. Attendence should be up, I'm just calling everyone out to attend. Make your presence felt !!!

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

This is the place

[​IMG]

8. recoilless twoatlow8

recoilless twoatlow8 Member

Does anyone know if they are planning on putting Skeet houses on some fields ?

9. shooter99

Yes, they plan to but a time frame for that is not yet set.

10. hayshaker

hayshaker TS Member

Will campers have any water and power for the State Shoot?

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Wow... Looks great to me.

Wish I could attend.

Regards....Gerald

12. shooter99

Yes campers will have water and electric. A letter should be coming with details to those of you who reserved a spot.

13. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Brad..With all of your "Shame on You" comments, you sound very similar to the Nutcase in the Whitehouse.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Sign-on name: below 0<BR>
    Sign-on name created: PRIOR TO 12/2005<BR>
    Last post date: NO POSTINGS<BR>
    Threads started: 0<BR>
    Messages posted: 0<BR>

Interesting?

15. brad patterson

Being a former director, I have seen and heard both sides. Look, I love my club, the WGC. I love what they have done, where they are going. They are moving forward and growing. They are a strong shooting facility that will only get stronger and better. I hope someday the Homegrounds gets there as well. I have said it is good to have new facilities built. The homegrounds has a long ways to go but hopefully in the future they can enjoy the success the WGC is enjoying.

And while the WGC is moving forward in their future, they have not forgotton their past and the part the state shoot played in it. That's why they continue to sponsor the doubles event on preliminary Tuesday.

So, that being said. The shooters of SE zone who may have lost their convenience of having the shoot in their back yard, they need to accept the fact shoot has moved and come and support the state championships and their sport. Time to not be like those who didn't attend the state shoot just because of where it was held.

And the same goes for the rest of the state. I saw what was written when the WTA did the survey. It is time to put the pettiness aside and back up their words that once it moved, they would attend. The past needs to be put to the past and help build the future. That's why I believe getting a 15% increase is attainable.

And yes I have been critical of the WTA , mostly due to lack of communication. But I have also answered questions when asked, or sent to the board info based on what I read in the current minutes. Plus I will be attending the state shoot, plus my son , and my wife is working for the WTA again this year.

So I am doing my part, are you doing yours to help reach that attendance challenge??

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm from Wis. but haven't lived there in many years but would like to visit the GrandOpening. Where do you start looking for a motel. Thaks for anyhelp

17. shooter99

Hotel information for the 2013 State shoot

As of 3/20/13, there are still rooms available at – (no specific order) - all of them are approximately 10 miles from the grounds. Some less

1. Roadway Inn – 3300 8th St. South, Wisconsin Rapids ( 715-423-7000 ). Internet available and pet friendly. Hotel is currently closed for remodel – will reopen around April 15th. Room available.

2. Maples Motel – 4750 8th St. South, Wisconsin Rapids ( 715-423-2590 )

3. Sleep Inn & Suites – 4221 8th St South, Wisconsin Rapids ( 715-424-6800 ). Internet available and pet friendly. Fully booked night of 19th & 20th. Other nights available.

4. Shermalot Motel – 1148 W Queens Way, Nekoosa, WI ( 715-325-2626 ). Internet available – no pets

5. Camelot Motel – 9210 State Highway 13 S, Wisconsin Rapids ( 715-325-5111 ). Pet friendly. Rooms available

In the Plover area (about 26 miles on good roads) there are still rooms available at:

1. Best Western – 5253 Harding Avenue, Plover ( 715-544-6200 or 855-205-4632 ). Internet, pet friendly. Single Kings and suites still available.

2. AmericInn – 1501 American Drive, Plover ( 800-634-3444 ). Internet and pet friendly. Fully booked night of 19th. On other nights, rooms are available.

3. Hampton Inn – 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover ( 715-295-9900 ). Internet, no pets - A few single queen and single king rooms are available.

4. Comfort Inn – 1560 American Drive, Plover ( 715-342-0400 ). Internet, pet friendly – queen and king rooms still available

18. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thnks but where in te hell is this place, Rome , Nekoosa or some lace else. I can't find anything on the Wi. map

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

New Rome. Just north of Lake Petenwell

20. shooter99

Click the link above it has a Google map of location