1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WI Homegrounds Project

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brad patterson, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

Was able to stop up at the property last week, both on the way and returning from deer hunting. From what I could see, the pads are poured and top soil was being put in place and graded. Saw some "sewer type" culverts for what I believe are retention ponds. Workers were working doing some type of what appeared to be grading operations.

Observations :: It is bigger in person than I pictured in my mind. Just the walk to trapline from Akron Dr. is a bit of a hike. Background looks very nice and will be better once some piles of brush/stumps, etc are removed and or disposed of. There is lots of sand !!

I would like to see a sign put up saying the project is the future site of homegrounds. This is a big deal. Lets proudly display what is taking place.

It was nice to see what was done to date. While I still have concerns about long term financial success, the short term will it get built have been put to rest generally. I think everyone should take a trip to see what is being done.

Any future thoughts to posting the land from hunting on. Saw a few hunters out among the numerous pine trees on the property. I have no issues with hunting just would hate to see a house get hit by a astray bullit and crack the concreate house.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

We were at Darien last week and they had a bunch of current pix and the "latest" blueprints.

Trapfields look good... it sure looks like a very large campground. I would assume they will need to keep it full year round to cover the costs of the infrastructure.

I'm anxious to see the business plan as it looks like the WTA is now in the camping business.

Brad I agree with the sign, it IS a big deal.

SW

3. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

Excellent post and ideas Mr. Patterson! Should be low cost additions to the project and add a bit a pizzazz to the undertaking.

DB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.