1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jsteenson, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

I can't figure out,maybe it is me,why people can't alter their shotgun barrels soon enough after buying a gun.Perazzi,Beretta(in business for nearly 500 years.)Kolar,etc.seem to me that they know how to make barrels.My perazzi's shoot fine from perazzi,It just all seems so unnecessary.Usually it is us that are off and missing,if we do our part the gundoes it's.
    We have a guy at our club who is an exception and entertainment for all of us,if he shoots to the right,he "bends" his barrel,to the left,he does the same.He drills holes all over the rib,and when he misses,he is mistified because he just fixed his gun.He just doesn't get that meaybe it is him.Heck,the same week he got his new prision fit stock he lost the screw from adjusting it so much.
    I'm just curious,I thopught the gunmakers knew thier skill quite well.Jack

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jack while you talk about a number of foolish things, if a gun doesn't shoot pretty straight right-to-left, then it must be bent, repaired, or sold.

Neil

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

If someone misses one bird out of 25 it is OBVIOUS the gun is at fault. The 24 targets that were "smoked" are forgotten and the one missed must be dealt with.

The person yanking (or releasing) the trigger is OBVIOUSLY not the problem as proven by the 24 dead targets.

I do not comprehend why you do not understand this.

A corollary to this, (altering of barrels and POI) is that once you plateau at 95 (or whatever) it is absolutely necessary to purchase a different and much more expensive shooting implement to get you to the next level.

It has been proven over the years that BT99's, Model 12's, 1100's etc are not capable of winning major events.

Don

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

Same reason when someone cant hit the golfball,they just have to have the next most expensive clubs,becuase if they bought the most expensive clubs first,everything would be complete and their would be nothing left to spend money on,and they would then realize it wasnt the tool afterall,its the user.

Bill

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Come on, no more comments than these..

Bill

6. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Don!! I'll shoot agains ya anytime, any club or range. I've been shooting 1100's & 870's for years. And to go on, these are not the CT's or the TC's either. There all Field grades. Be ready to put your money where your mouth is.

7. laura!

laura! Member

If a gun misses a target, it should banned along with the pencils that misspell words.

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hey RJ - you want a piece of me????

Get ready to back that up buddy.

I have two K-80's and one has a PFS on it. I'll give you a chance and shoot the "crappy" wooden stocked one.

100 Singles and 100 HCP; and since you said any club - Birmingham Gun Club in beautiful SE Michigan.

I use some really great 1 1/2 oz loads too. Mixed with equal parts of 9's, 8's and 7 1/2's. They just crush anything at any yardage. That is why I use the PFS - recoil is a bit stiff you know. But for a measly 200 rounds I can shoot the "crap" K-80.

I work; so you need to haul yourself here on a Saturday or Sunday. Let me know your pleasure. Loser buys dinner for everyone at the club. Bring cash.

Don

9. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

It's been my experience, that if I walk up to the shoot off line and the guy I'm shooting against has a beat up Model 12, I just give him my money. Joe B