1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by alpine, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpine

alpine TS Member

Why does the ATA store use PayPal?

PayPal (like E-Barf, and a part of that corporation) has such anti-gun policies, why would they use them?

Surely there are Credit Card methods of payment that they could use and avoid such an anti-gun company. Why reward an anti-gun business with business from a organization that represents gun owners and shooters?

Why?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Alpine, ya ever thought bout askin them?

3. alpine

alpine TS Member

I thought I just did.

4. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

This website, while frequented by many ATA members, IS NOT in any way connected to or underwritten by ATA. So, alpine, by posting your very worthwhile question here, you HAVE NOT asked the ATA why they use Paypal. Call or write the ATA directly.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. R_T

R_T TS Member

Are there any other payment services of this type available that do not require the payer to transmit credit card information each time they make a purchase? Having a separate and tightly controlled bank account from which PayPal can draw is likely the safest and least expensive way to have buyers make internet payments.

Michael

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

All, I just sent this email to ATA (sjohnson@shootata.com). You may want to contact them in regard to this problem.

"I intend to join the ATA as soon as possible. I had planned to use your on-line process, but will be unable to use this option. I recently closed my PayPal and eBay accounts because of their new anti-gun policies on eBay. Since PayPal is owned by eBay, it would be hypocritical of me to continue to use their services in light of their new policies. As you may already know, PayPal already doesn’t allow payments for any reloading components. The recent change in eBay’s policies was the last straw for me.

"I realize that PayPal may be convenient, but please explore the opportunity of using an alternate method of handling electronic payments. It would seem that a secure site, and accepting standard credit cards would be a much more acceptable means of payment.

"Thank you for your attention in this matter."

Best,
    Dennis

7. alpine

alpine TS Member

Gene Batchelar Wheaton, IL:

By posting this question on TS.com Many will write or email the ATA. It will not be just one voice that sees this as hypocritical of the ATA to do business with an anti-gun corporation like PayPal (a division of Ebarf).

One email/letter will have no effect, thousands of responses will have an effect. If the ATA respects the members they will change who they do business with, and not support the anti gun groups.

That is why I posted this here.

8. mike dwyer

mike dwyer TS Member

Hypocritical? E-Bay/PayPal "anti-gun" over the recent changes in their auction policy? Try this. No international conspiracies, just the reality of the market place.

E-Bay never allowed the auction of guns. Too many laws in too many countries/jurisdictions and too many attorneys willing and eager to sue anyone over anything at the drop of a hat. And everyone who ever bought or sold anything on E-Bay knew you couldn't buy or sell a gun there. And that's E-Bay's right. More businesses don't sell guns for any number of reasons than those that do. Notice that no one is running around calling Wendy's or Baskin Robbins hypocrites for not selling guns.

But then some wise ass gun owners come along and figured how to cheat the E-Bay system by selling the barrel in one lisiting with the receiver in another. Volia! Gun sales where none are welcome. Guess what. The welcome mat got pulled. Thank those dumbasses for spoiling it for the rest of us.

I have seen the enemy and sometimes he really is us.

If you ask me, damn nice option, the ATA accepting PayPal.

Mike Dwyer

9. alpine

alpine TS Member

I am astounded at the lack of logic and the thought process that you use, Mike.

If more people think like you Hillary will be in the White House, and your guns will be confiscated in a couple of years. I hope you like your future.

I on the other hand, will not vote for anti-gun politicians, and will not do business with anti-gun organizations.

I like my future better than yours.

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Pay pal works well for online transactions, some like it better than credit cards. When selling items on ebay i prefer paypal. Its simple quick and it works. Paying their fees is not a problem for me. Its fast,easy and it works. Being anti gun is a bit bothersome. They choose not to do business in gun. Wal Mart does not sell guns in Massachusetts dam anti gunners, so everyone stop going to walmart please. Im sure if we really look into the products we buy everyday we could find many company owners against guns.

11. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

alpine:
    If your intention was to generate a letter writing campaign to the ATA over this matter, perhaps you might have mentioned that in your original post. All you said was that you wanted an answer to your question-"Why?".

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

12. alpine

alpine TS Member

To answer your question Gene, is that if I say this is a letter writing campaign then It will be ignored by the ATA.

If however intelligent people of like mind see the facts presented here and write their own letters/emails to the ATA, it has more force and appears more influential to the managers of the ATA store. Instead of taking the easy way out with an organization that is anti-gun, perhaps they will work a little harder and find a company that is pro-gun and pro-shooting sports.

In my life, I put my money and support behind companies that support and defend my freedoms and rights.

But hey that's just me.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Alpine,

Your first mistake was thinking that the ATA/EC cares what you think, once you join you will get a better grip on this new concept better known as pay here and keep your thoughts to yourself and your mouth shut ... The suggestion box at the ATA has no opening in it to put your suggestions in, get the picture ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. alpine

alpine TS Member

WPT:
    Well thank goodness I live near the left side of the US. There are as many PITA shoots around here as ATA shoots.

I guess that after a reasonable amount of time and the ATA still prefers to do business with an anti-gun business I will not renew my ATA membership.

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I do Not belong to AARP and never will! They are rabidly anti-gun, and I won't sell out to to antis to save a few bucks on a motel room! As far a Juliani goes there are MANY conservatives who WON"T vote for him, and he would NOT beat Hilary for that reason. I might hold my nose and vote that way, but only because Hillary is so much worse! I'm just praying the Republicans pull their head out in time and nominate a real conservative. Thompson MAY have a chance, but he had better get on the stick if it's going to happen. My grand father always said there are two things you can't do. "Reason with a Rattlesnake" and "Make a deal with the Devil". I for one don't buy the "it's just the gun laws" bit about E bay . Anybody with half a brain knows that if you sell a receiver it is consindered "a gun" by the BATF. The selling of barrels is not! It's a free country and if you want to do business with anti gunners then that's your right to do so. I for one don't intend to give aide and comfort to the enemy! I'm a life member so the "method of paying dues" does not effect me, but I won't use services who are not only anti gun, but give money to those who are enemies of the second ammendment.

16. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Good for you slide action, couldn't have said it better myself...Bill

17. slide action

You're right I may UNKNOWINLY do buisness with anti gun people, but not because I choose to.I haven't actually DECIDED to vote for that New York liberal yet. It will be a hard case. I prefer to look at it as voting AGAINST Hillary. I just PRAY the Republican Party will wake up I don't have to make that choice! As far as the AARP goes, I'm lucky enough to have a good insurance plan plus tri care and can afford my medicine. I am THANKFULLY not in a position of relying on the AARP, or any other liberal anti gun organization, for medical cost. I would prefer my gun rights. Without affordable drugs I might be poor, but without my GUNS there have been times I would have been DEAD! I'll take poor over dead any day. I will not attack you for your decision to belong to AARP, I feel your reasoning is flawed, but it is a FREE country, and I support your right to make your own choices. I will stay with mine.

18. slide action

Then we respectfuly agree to disagree-Shoot Well

19. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Because greedy people and co will do what ever to get your money. Even sleep with the anti's to do so.

20. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

alpine:

What you seem to be saying is 3 letters written by members of this forum who decided to write them on their own and with no suggestion or prodding from you will do more to sway the ATA to your way of thinking than 150 letters would do if you (or someone else) asked everyone on TS to write a letter and 150 of us did so.

I can tell you from personal experience that, if I get a few letters from customers on a topic, I may or may not pay attention, but if I get 150 letters on a topic I WILL pay attention.

There's strength in numbers when you wish to get people's attention, sway public opinion or change people's minds. That's just the way it is.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL